MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] /me bug in PM [R] [C-Chris]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you send a PM and include the /me, it works fine. However, when someone replies to you, which quotes your text, the /me username becomes the username of who replied. Shouldn't it just quote it and put it in plain text?

Reproduce:

1) Login to one account, send a PM containing a '/me' (without the quotes and some text).

2) Now login to the account that you sent the PM to, click on "reply" and send it.

3) Now login back to the first account and view the PM, you'll notice the '/me' username becomes the one who replied to your PM.

Can anyone reproduce?
I can confirm this.
Yeah, this is definitely reproducible.
Possible fix:
open private.php, find:
			$pm['message'] = preg_replace('#^/me (.*)$#im', "* ".$pm['quotename']." \\1", $pm['message']);
add after:
			$message = preg_replace('#^/me (.*)$#im', "* ".$pm['quotename']." \\1", $message);

I think the first line (with $pm['message']) is unnecessary but I'm not sure so I wrote "add after" but maybe it should be replaced with the second line?
Your fix works. Adding after seems more appropriate as replacing it isn't going to fix the problem. The pm['message'] preg_replace should work though alone?
The correct patch is to apply dvb's fix but replace instead of add after.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group