MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LimeWire won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So up until recently, I've had no issues with LimeWire, and that includes no viruses and such.

Well I recently downloaded the new LimeWire 5.1.2, and now I've run into a huge problem. It won't even start. I click on the desktop icon, and shows indication that I clicked it, but other than that...

It won't appear on the Taskbar, and TaskManager shows no sign of it either. I've tried reinstalling, and rebooting, but nothing works.

Is this a bug with the program itself or?...btw, I'm running Vista, with a custom theme.
Use frostwire, its a free and open source clone of limewire pro, limewire standard is known for being a bit.... dodgy.
(2009-03-16, 06:18 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Use frostwire, its a free and open source clone of limewire pro, limewire standard is known for being a bit.... dodgy.

try updating to 5 or try it ona new user. sometimes thats hte issue
Limewire 5 is much better than Frostwire (not sure if that too has been updated).

Frostwire isn't a clone of LimewirePro, it's Limewire with modifications to make it work like it. That's like saying ActiveCollab is a clone of Redmine... Toungue

If I remember right, I have this problem if my Java isn't up to date... updating to the latest release of java/Limewire normally solves it for me...
Well your first mistake is using LimeWire.
I am using LimeWire 5, and I installed Frostwire, but the same thing is happening to it, as is happening to LimeWire.

Btw, they're not blocked by any firewall.
(2009-03-16, 11:08 AM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]Well your first mistake is using LimeWire.

Damn freedom of choice... Toungue

Update your java version. It should work after that. I don't think Limewire updates it automatically when you upgrade/install it anymore.
An alternative would be to actually pay for orange. LoL.
(2009-03-16, 11:08 AM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]Well your first mistake is using LimeWire.

Exactly what I would have said. Toungue
Hmm, whoever said to update my Java, you were correct.

Don't know why that was the solution though, because everytime a new Java Update comes along, Firefox tells me about it, and automatically installs it, the last update was a few weeks ago, but maybe it didn't install correctly..

Idk, anyway, thanks for the help guys Smile
Pages: 1 2