MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Notification about new reported posts via PM [C-StefanT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If your forum is set to notify the moderators about reported posts via PM it does not work. The message gets inserted into the database but it is not shown in the User-CP. The reason seems to be that uid is set to 0.

If a moderator reports a post he gets the message but no one else. For this message uid is set to the user's uid.
I can't replicate this. I set 3 moderators to a forum, and used one of them to report a post. A private message was inserted into the database for each of the 3 moderators, and it showed up in their UserCP.

The UID is set as 0 (it's not set in the $pm array options). I reckon this is so that it appears from "MyBB Engine".

As for the moderator only receiving his own reported posts, I can't get this either. I'm currently using 1.4.4, and tested this with the SVN version.

Can others replicate?
just FYI iirc, uid and fromid are one in the same (in 99% of cases)
I reported this bug (?) on Michaels forum.

If a post will be reported, a private message will be sent to all moderators. In the database you can find the pms with uid=x, toid=x and fromid=0. This is typical and each kind of these messages will be shown in the User-CP of the according moderator.

However, there are a lot of pms stored in the database as follows: uid=0, toid=xy, fromid=0.
It seems that these pms are only existing in the database but not in the User-CP of any moderator.
In the special case I do have a moderator with uid=84. In the database there are about 40 pms with uid=0, toid=84, fromid=0. But the moderator with uid=84 do not have any reported posts in his User-CP.

I hope that my trial to explain the circumstances will be helpful.
With Jockl's help, I think I've figured it out.

The PMs that are in the database that Jockl mentions are the actual original reported PM sent from the MyBB Engine (they are added to the folder '2', which is the 'Sent Items' folder, for the MyBB Engine). User 84 originally reported the posts in question, as far as I can gather.

User 84 can't see these sent PMs because the uid is 0. It depends on functionality whether to class this as a bug or not.

If we want the user to be able to see the posts they have reported in their 'Sent Items' folder, then we can add their 'uid' to the sent item. It will still appear as though it's been sent from MyBB Engine for admins/moderators though but they will be able to view (and delete) the sent item.
Quote:If we want the user to be able to see the posts they have reported in their 'Sent Items' folder, then we can add their 'uid' to the sent item. It will still appear as though it's been sent from MyBB Engine for admins/moderators though but they will be able to view (and delete) the sent item.

I believe that would be the best option since cleaning up PMs in the future would make that easier. Anything that helps to clean the database is a benefit imho. Right now my DB is 650mb and anything that can be done to slow down it's growth is a positive.
(2009-05-16, 07:39 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that would be the best option since cleaning up PMs in the future would make that easier. Anything that helps to clean the database is a benefit imho. Right now my DB is 650mb and anything that can be done to slow down it's growth is a positive.

Could you try this out too? Seach the PM table for a uid of 0, and folder of 2. The records that are brought up can safely be deleted - if that saves you some space!

I'm going to run some tests, but I think the above is probably a reasonable solution.
SELECT * FROM mybb_privatemessages WHERE uid='0' and folder='2';

Results are ZERO.

I also don't use PMs for reported posts.
Touché... I suppose I should have mentioned that! Shy
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group