MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: conversion From Vbulletin 3.7... to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

Ive Just taken over a site which has Vbulletin 3.7. on it and to be honest I havent the foggest Idea on how to Convert it to MyBB,

I was wondering If anyone would like a challenge and Help an Noob out.

Hope to here from you all soon.

All the best

Deus
http://www.mybboard.net/downloads/merge-system
[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Should be enough to get you started. As a brief summary you need to install MyBB, upload the ./convert/ folder and it's contents to the directory with the MyBB forum, and then go to yoursite.com/mybbfolder/convert and run through the wizard.
Hi,

If you would like to wait, I am hoping to get Beta 5 (lots of improvements) out soon (Within a week)
Also I have subscriptions and donations aswell, Will the merge also add the in aswell or do I have to find the MyBB Plugins for them?

Deus
(2009-05-26, 05:10 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

If you would like to wait, I am hoping to get Beta 5 (lots of improvements) out soon (Within a week)

I dont Mind waiting For the new release. Ive got Until July to either a Pay for a new Vbulletin or sort out MyBB.
If you want you can test it out on my site so how it go's

Deus
(2009-05-26, 05:29 PM)Deusevil Wrote: [ -> ]Also I have subscriptions and donations aswell, Will the merge also add the in aswell or do I have to find the MyBB Plugins for them?

No, unfortunately not. The Merge System only converts the essentials

(2009-05-26, 05:29 PM)Deusevil Wrote: [ -> ]If you want you can test it out on my site so how it go's

Deus

Sure, that'd be great