MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [D] A Problem .. The post count is wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have it transferred however the post count that shows at the bottom of the forum is double of what is actually there.. Is there a way to correct this otherwise everything else appears to be in order.Wink
ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild.
(2009-06-21, 10:03 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild.

Hi Matt.. I have done that and here is what I have just finished and it wouldn ot change to the correct amount. There was an error when I finished the conversion with the last button clean up. I get an internal server error 500
SO:
I deleted everything the board and all.. then uploaded a new DB to use..and then the convert and installed it. Still the error at the end with the cleanup .. and the post count is still the exact same..
Went into admin/tools&Maintenance>Recount & Rebuild.. still the same..
I am a bit baffled .. that is the only thing that is incorrect..The format is different but it is the post count that bothers me. Where in the ph pages can I find that file and somehow reset it to the correct number?
I don't think there is any way to do it without that, if you're getting a 500 error, something's wrong with your host setup, you'll need to ask them about it, shouldn't be getting a 500 error there...
(2009-06-22, 09:51 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is any way to do it without that, if you're getting a 500 error, something's wrong with your host setup, you'll need to ask them about it, shouldn't be getting a 500 error there...

Okay I will talk with him today about that... it is only on the cleanup at the end of the convert. Everything went on like a dream though...
thank youShy
I have manage to import from phpbb3 into MyBB successfully. However, using Rebuild & Recount doesn't synchronize the stats on post count correctly.

I click on proceed until a successful Rebuild and Recount on user's post appeared. MyBB lists all user's posts but post count shows less than that.

What is the issue here?
j45on, I had the same problem until I realized that the merger script did not correctly merge the forum settings over when converting over to MyBB. You need to go into each forum and make sure that the check box "Yes, posts in this forum should count towards user post counts" is clicked. Once you click check box for each forum, go ahead and run the Rebuild & Recount feature.
There's other threads on that, it can be done with an SQL query.
Problem solved. Thanks a lot boardhopper!

I hope future Merge System will resolve this issue.

Edit: I couldn't find the other thread.