MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Buddy List no longer shows invisible users as online [C-StefanT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In 1.2 a user who had the right to see invisible users could see them in the who's online list and also in their buddy list as being online.

In 1.4.8. a user who has the right to see invisible users can still see them in the who's online list, with an asterisk next to their name as before, but they can no longer see those users as online in their buddy list. They now show as offline, even though the who's online list shows that they are online.

Surely this is a bug in 1.4.8. A user who can see invisible users as online in the who's online list should surely also see them as online in their buddy list? Otherwise, the information is contradictory.

It worked OK in 1.2, and since the change in 1.4.8. gives contradictory information about whether another user is online or offline, I can only assume that this is a bug in 1.4.8.
Hmm works fine here. At least, I as administrator can view the test user online even though it is hidden.
(2009-07-22, 02:44 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm works fine here. At least, I as administrator can view the test user online even though it is hidden.

Yes same for me. For some reason it works for admin, but doesn't work for anyone else.

Admin's buddy list works the same way it did in 1.2. For everyone other than admin, it worked OK in 1.2 but doesn't work in 1.4.8.
Ah I see what you mean now, yeah I can reproduce this here. Someone on my list is invisible, I can see they're online, but the buddy list says they're not.
Yeah the code doesn't seem to check the group setting
In usercp.php find both instances:

if($user['lastactive'] > $timecut && ($user['invisible'] == 0 || $mybb->user['usergroup'] == 4) && $user['lastvisit'] != $user['lastactive'])

and replace with

if($user['lastactive'] > $timecut && ($user['invisible'] == 0 || $mybb->usergroup['canviewwolinvis'] == 1) && $user['lastvisit'] != $user['lastactive'])

Ryan
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group