MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Taking Paid Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello there!

Many people don't know me as I am relatively new to MyBB but have been foruming since late 2008 and designing since early 2009. I do web design but only take requests for forum themes.

At the moment I need some money for the reason you can find in my signature - so I am taking a couple of paid theme requests. You will receive a set of graphics with the theme as well. It will all be done in GIMP, but don't think just because of that it will suck.

What is a theme? A theme is the skin or the look or your forum. It is a coded design. You will receive the theme and you have full rights to it. Along with the theme you will receive a full PSD fully labled.

How much do I charge?
- Outrageous design with weird shapes (coded) - $44
- Average design - one shown as example (coded) - $28
- Simple design - minimal gradients and gloss (coded) - $13
* remember - you get a graphics set to match it

Examples of Work:
- http://www.pokeboards.com/ (current Generation 4 theme designed and coded)
- Metalic Proffesion (currently for sale $7)
- Gold'n'Black (currently for sale $5) (incomplete)
- Fresh Thead
- Fresh Sky (currently for sale $5) (incomplete)

If you are interested in requesting a theme - PM me about it, drop me a line here or email me at ( [email protected] ). If you want to buy one of the examples listed as 'for sale' let me know in one of the above ways.
I would appreciate is someone could at least say something. Even give some feedback on anything at all (please feedback my designs).
well i saw pokeboards and if their current theme was designed by you then your off to a new start

other then that all i saw some pngs that look good now but can't actually comment on them till i see them demoe'd

also do you think its a good idea selling each at $7 ...maybe a subscription when your just starting

but just my 2c
I designed and coded the theme on Pokeboards. As for the pngs - they are what I am selling. I am not coding them or anything. The buyer can get them coded by someone else. I am selling just the pure design.

With the subscription - the forum needs to be up and for that I need the host and domain. Many resources like this will be offered, but I need the initial money to start the forum.
So you're just selling the designs?
Not saying they're not cool or anything (they are nice actually), the thing is people normally want a full working demo.
And if they ever like it, they just wanna grab it quickly, not getting the design and then hire a coder. It would take longer, and probably it would cost more.

Good luck on selling them.
I don't really know why you'd be asking money for incomplete designs. There's virtually nothing to them, other than a container and thead :/
Well if someone can point me in the direction of a good free host cause byethost suck as free, then I will be coding as well. Incomplete, yeah, I might finish them.
host2x.com
www.cxr.cc is also a good free host.
You should defo do coding, because images like those aren't that hard to create, all you need is PS and a good tut.

Like this one:
http://www.adobetutorialz.com/articles/2...-portfolio
Pages: 1 2 3