MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want your sub-domains! Raise your traffic rankings by doing nothing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have started a free sub-domain service and it already has over 30 of my domains to choose from (probably over 100 of mine soon), and around 15 domains have been added by others, but I am looking for more!

Would anyone be interested? Your main domain will still work completely (http://www.example.com or http://example.com), but people will be able to create sub-domains of it. Obviously any sub-domains that you want you get number one priority with. Also if you have a limit on number of sub-domains you can create in cPanel, that will become irrelevant. There is no performance impact on your site.

By doing this, all traffic through your sub-domains will count towards your domain's traffic ranking. If people link to the sub-domains (which they will because they are promoting their site), that will increase your PR (with some luck), which will ultimately raise traffic to your website.

I would prefer to not force ads on any of the sub-domain users (I won't be with any of my domains), but if you have a particularly interesting/good domain I would consider forcing users to have a small frame at the top of the page linking to your site.

Make a post if you have any questions at all, or if you want to work something out Smile
What exactly is it?
with what api are you working?
what EXACTLY will i have to install in my server?
or i have to do everything manually?
I've got OpenFileHost.com. I'm interested in using that for this. Wink But how exactly would I do this?
(2010-06-25, 04:00 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly is it?

Think of co.nr but with loads of domains to choose from.

(2010-06-25, 04:00 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]with what api are you working?
what EXACTLY will i have to install in my server?
or i have to do everything manually?

I am using a highly modified version of the same script that co.nr uses. I am licensed to do so. You install nothing. You change your domain's name servers. If you want to host a site on the main domain you have to tweak your hosting slightly, if you don't want to host a site on the main domain, theres no need. There is no downtime of your site, and I do the rest Smile

(2010-06-25, 04:03 PM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]I've got OpenFileHost.com. I'm interested in using that for this. Wink But how exactly would I do this?

Drop me a PM and we'll get it sorted as soon as possible Smile
Ok, well we'd have to talk about this more. But I have XeroPrime.com, if you're interested.
Definitely sounds like a great domain to add to the list Elegant Totality Smile What exactly did you want to discuss? If you would prefer to talk in private, then feel free to drop me a PM.
(2010-06-25, 04:00 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]or i have to do everything manually?

Just to clarify, the entire process of creating new sub-domains is entirely automated.
Hmmm. Do i need to chnaged registrars?
Basically you're running a dns server?

What is the script?
(2010-06-25, 04:58 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm. Do i need to chnaged registrars?

No, you can keep your domain with the same registrar, all that is required is a change of name servers. You can also continue hosting your main domain on your own server. When you add a domain to the service, nothing changes apart from that people can now register sub-domains of your domain, hopefully increasing your traffic ranking, and ultimately your traffic.

Here's a the list of domains currently using the service -

586249.com
arcadehere.com
battleplanes.info
bizzlinks.co.uk
easyfreegame.co.uk
easyfreegame.com
easyfreegames.co.uk
fghj.org
forumspace.net
freebiegamer.com
freenetwork.co.uk
freestuffcity.co.uk
gamercommunity.co.uk
games-mad.com
gamesmad.net
ghjk.org
greatfreegirls.com
ifreegamer.co.uk
ifreegamer.com
imtoopoor.co.uk
imtoopoor.com
imtopoor.co.uk
imtopoor.com
inboxs.org
networkgamer.co.uk
ourcommune.info
qwertyu.co.uk
rewardsite.net
staff-login.com
stafflogin.net
stafflogon.com
steamaccount.net
techsources.info
uk2024.com
ukfreenetwork.com
ukwe.net
world2011.net

And domains that should hopefully be added to the service soon (pending negotiation/DNS update) -

seosyte.info
gamerforumz.com
youflame.me
3 x 3 letter .coms
techlifezone.com
openfilehost.com
xeroprime.com
mmofreedom.com
fps-underground.com
baage.com
(2010-06-25, 05:05 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Basically you're running a dns server?

What is the script?

It's a redirection service, new sub-domains are created on the fly and visitors are handled by PHP. No DNS gets changed for new sub-domains.

The script that I am using is a modified version of a script called Lounge Redirect, which is no longer supported by the author unfortunately. Most websites that offer this service use some version of that script.
Pages: 1 2 3