MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] upgraded to 1.6 and ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how did you solve the problem as I am having the exact same issue.

EDIT: just noticed my error is slightly differnt.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='pob13' LIMIT 1

the installer has been ran twice now
(2010-08-03, 04:53 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]It looks to me like the upgrade script wasn't allowed to finish running fully. Can you run the upgrade process again?

just re upload the "install folder" , then do the upgrading process again "yoursiteaddress.com/install/upgrade.php" , complete the steps and you are done !

please note :: do not try to enter any of the forums/threads during the upgrade process, i guess i did try to open a forum when the upgrade process was going and and which is what gave rise to this problem
I have ran the installer twice, and am not going into any of the forums
Have you re-uploaded your /install/ folder?
yes I have. the installer doesnt bring up any errors
Did you run the MyBB Merge system at one point?

If so, please navigate to http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system and download the latest MyBB Merge System. From there unzip it and extract the loginconvert.php file. Replace this file into the /inc/plugins/ directory on your forum.

Please tell me if this works for you.

Thanks,
Ryan Gordon
yes a good few months ago. i used to be on phpbb.

I have checked mysql database and them column 'remember' is definitely not there
yes that worked thanks. Is this a permanant fix or a temporary work around ?
(2010-08-03, 06:38 AM)pob13 Wrote: [ -> ]yes a good few months ago. i used to be on phpbb.

I have checked mysql database and them column 'remember' is definitely not there
yes that worked thanks. Is this a permanant fix or a temporary work around ?

That is a permanent fix. You needed the newer version of the plugin to work with MyBB 1.6.
Thank you Ryan for your speedy help Smile
Pages: 1 2