MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I just Installed 1.4 a few days ago, should I....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
try and Upgrade it to 1.6 or just delete it and Install 1.6?

I installed 1.4 with Softaculous through MyBBWebhost just 5 days ago and I notice Softaculous has yet to add 1.6 to their library.

Should I wait for them to add it to their library or should I try and Install it myself?

I don't want to continue building my forum in 1.4 if I can change over to 1.6.

Appreciate any advice,
Thanks
You will have to get the package from this site, and upgrade.
(2010-08-03, 06:15 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]You will have to get the package from this site, and upgrade.

Is it best to upgrade or just delete 1.4 start all over?
Witch would have less issues?

And do you have any idea when Softaculous will get the upgrade?

With Softaculous its just one click to install.
Not sure how long softaculous will take it upgrade it.
If you haven't got much data on your 1.4 install then i'd say go for it and just do a fresh install. You could always add things from a backup if necessary.
(2010-08-03, 06:24 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how long softaculous will take it upgrade it.
If you haven't got much data on your 1.4 install then i'd say go for it and just do a fresh install. You could always add things from a backup if necessary.

I don't have any members yet since I haven't open it yet.
I did do a lot l changes in some language files but I can do it again.

Do you by any chance have an idea how long softaculous usually takes to add upgrades to their library?
You should probably ask MyBBWebhost about that, they would probably know more about it. I would just upgrade. If somethings goes wrong you don't lose any more than if you re-install and the experience will be good.
(2010-08-03, 06:30 PM)Aprion Wrote: [ -> ]You should probably ask MyBBWebhost about that, they would probably know more about it. I would just upgrade. If somethings goes wrong you don't lose any more than if you re-install and the experience will be good.

Thanks,
Yea, I sent an email to them as well as Softaculous to find out when it might be available.

Haven't heard anything yet.

For now I am in limbo.