MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Merge Modules Being Added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Soon I will begin writing code for some new modules that will join our Merge System
  • IPB 3
  • vBulletin 4
  • Woltlab Burning Board Lite 2 & Premium 3

Currently there isn't a more detailed timeline on this. They will likely be done in the order of the list, and not ready until the end of November.

How you can help!
  • If you have a small to mid-sized database for any of these boards that are willing to trust me having a copy of, please let me know. This will assist in generating & testing these new modules. It will also save a lot of time, since I wont have to try and generate a sufficient sample database to work with.
  • Testing Beta versions of the modules. If you have one of these boards/databases, regardless if you share it with me for the above step or not, and are willing to test beta versions of the software that would be beneficial as well.

Thank you. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
Dylan, doesn't the vBulletin 3 converter convert most of vBulletin 4's stuff? Or are there a few things that you're doing that can make stuff even better?
vB 3 converter already works very well with vB 4 because vB 4's DB structure hasn't changed very much between the two but I believe vB's plans are to make more changes as they go through versions (i.e. vB 4.1, 4.2) so it will be a smarter move to make a new module for specifically vB 4.x as DB schema changes crop us through their series.

At least that's what I remember from their plans
But I'm pretty sure the plans must've changed, cause vBulletin 5 is now coming out in 2011/2012.
At the very least I'll be able to clean it up as a separate module so that it doesn't have any issues at all. Sure, the ones using the vB3 module are all fairly minor... unless you have a million post board.
Sounds good.

What about .htaccess URL redirection? When you convert to IPB (and XenForo when it comes out), it will redirect all of the old URLs to the new ones to prevent any search engine penalties. Are you planning on that in the future?
I highly doubt we'll be doing that in truth. Each webmaster would need to do that on their own. Unless Ryan says otherwise.
I could create a copy of one of the IPB forums I have, and then you could use that to test importing.

Link: www.runeaid.net (Running IPB 3.1)

PM for more info.
Awesome, with Lyndon's forum I don't think I'll need any more IPB forums. Now, how about vB4? Big Grin
Sorry, don't have any vB4 Forums Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15