MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb in php safe mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my web hosting said that it is running php in safe mode, will mybb run on it?/ specially they have disabled basecode64
MyBB will run fine with safe_mode on.
and what about disabled basecode64 function?? (as phpbb3 was giving debug error on it)
the exact list of diabled functions are:

Disabled Functions: show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open, base64_decode, base64_encodem, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, proc_nice

can myBB run on this server
(2010-10-09, 11:18 AM)drankur Wrote: [ -> ]can myBB run on this server

Yes. Smile

just got an error:
Type: 2
File: task.php (Line no. 59)
base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons.........

means no task will run??
also when i am clicking on edit this user in ACP, i am getting the following errior:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/XXXXXXX/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
What's the full URL you're on when you get the forbidden error??

I don't know why they'd want to disable base64 functions...
this is the url where i am getting the forbidden error:

http://xxxxxxxxx.com/forum/admin/index.php?module=user/users&action=edit&uid=99

don't know but they have disabled the above mentioned function, this is one of the reasons i have to shifted to MyBB from phpbb3 as it was full of errors.(they told that it is for security reasons)
also i am getting this error almost every 2 hours:

base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons

what is this running, any imp task??
Talk to your host to see if they can enable this function for you. It is absurd for them to disable this as I am not aware of any security risks associated with this function. The problem with them disabling this for you is that there is no replacement function (that I know of) that you can use instead of base64_decode()

If they can't then its time to move hosts.
till the matter is solved please answer my 2 questions:

1. i am getting this error evry 2 hour:
base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons

what does this doing?/ why getting error? what is in line59?/

2. do i have to disable all tasks in task manager due to disabling of base64_decode()
means no task will run now automatically??
1) task.php can't run because it's trying to use base64_decode(), which is turned off.
2) No, you will just have to get a new host.

To your point above: Your host has mod_security enabled, but if you're running MyBB 1.6, you shouldn't even get these errors. What version do you run??
Pages: 1 2