MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Giving Reputation" Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've seen an strange thing today. (I'm not sure if any one has ever noticed that, I'm new here so perhaps its an eye catch for me), that "while viewing whose online page I saw a user on my board who appeared as "Giving Reputation" but it was actually "Viewing My Reputation Report"..

For more specific, please see the screens;

I think in future release, this should be fix to "Viewing Reputation Report of USERNAME".

Though its my idea, you've rights to disagree with Toungue
Yeah, makes more sense.

Just tested it and the same happens here.
I replaced it manually on MillionCMS.com, it's not really a major change, just edit the following language string in online.lang.php:
Quote:$l['giving_reputation']
To something like this:
Quote:$l['giving_reputation'] = "Viewing a Reputation Report";
i think the default language bits must be left as they are, because, whatif they give rep, it says "Viewing a Reputation Report" in online list. i think its better to add a custom language bit
$l['viewing_reputation'] = "Viewing a Reputation Report"; and calling it in the file.
TheGodFather, that is wrong, you can edit any of the language strings.
(2010-12-26, 10:21 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]TheGodFather, that is wrong, you can edit any of the language strings.

i think you misunderstood his post. he is saying that the default should remain as-is (giving shown when actually giving rep) and add a new language variable (viewing) and use that variable when actually viewing
I didn't actually change the variable, just the string that is attached to the variable.
I understand that. The issue here is that the same language variable is used for two different actions. There really should be two language variables, one for giving and one for viewing rep.

It would be easy to add the new variable to the language file bit it likely requires an edit to the core online.php file to make it use the new language variable.
(2010-12-26, 03:52 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I replaced it manually on MillionCMS.com, it's not really a major change, just edit the following language string in online.lang.php:
Quote:$l['giving_reputation']
To something like this:
Quote:$l['giving_reputation'] = "Viewing a Reputation Report";

If that it so simple, I perhaps would never go to post this :s

Paveman understands the actual insight of this post, I don't need to change the "already" available language string. Its kinda easy BTW, I'm reporting this since I've noticed that its not the right thing to say same words for two different actions..

If you need to alter "core" files, I can post the simple modification, but I'm posting this to "correct" the actions in next release.
It seems like a bug. Care to post it on the dev site?

http://dev.mybb.com/
Pages: 1 2