MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Category Forums Unread Fix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a category forum for entertainment with five subforums for different kinds of entertainment. It is possible to access two of these subforums (Films and TV, Games) from the forum index without having to enter the category forum.

The problem however is if there are any unread posts, if the user jumps straight to the Film/TV or Games forum from the forum index and reads them, the category forum will still show as having unread posts. So to rectify that, the user must enter the category forum, then return to the index. Is there any easy way to fix this? I believe it might be possible to disable showing "Films and TV" and "Games" on the forum index, but it is quick and convenient for users to be able to jump to them. Any other suggestions?

Sorry if my explanation wasn't clear. It isn't the easiest thing to explain.
AFAIK this was brought up a while back but it was decided that trying to fix this would make it too resource intensive and seeing as it is not a very huge deal it was deferred till 2.0 when the code was going to be re-written anyway.

You can read more about it here: http://dev.mybboard.net/issues/403
2.0, dayam. That's probably a darn long way off. I guess I might have to reconsider the use of subforums then. Thanks for replying.