MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyVids Beta 1 (Silver) release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
NOTE: NEW DOWNLOAD ATTACHED WITH ALL KNOWN ISSUES FIXED.

So, here it is. The first release of the MyVids free edition (aka BETA). The package contains the full plugin as it stands as well as some rudimentary documentation. As this is still a work in progress, I'd love to hear feedback from all who install it. Hopefully this feedback will be good, but we'll see!

Everything you need to run MyVids is in the package - apart from a list of supported embed sites and video formats. These are below.

Supported Embed Sites
  • Youtube
  • Vimeo
  • Dailymotion

(The gold version will support more embed sites)

Supported upload formats
  • MP4
  • flv

(Again, the gold version will support more formats)

Features
  • Video file uplaods
  • Video embeds from Vimeo, Youtube, Dailymotion (and more)
  • AJAX commenting on videos (comment while the video plays)
  • AJAX comment paging (again, so video playback isn't interrupted)
  • SEO URLs for videos (enable via the CP)
  • MyCode support in video descriptions/comments
  • Category support
  • Rudimentary image support (easily adapt the video system to create an image system)
  • Multiple plugin hooks in key places to allow the development of further extensions (eg: NewPoints plugin?)

Please note that there is one known bug which arises only in Internet Explorer 9 (and in MyBB 1.6.2 - it may be fixed thanks to MyBB 1.6.3) whereby the quick login doesn;t work in the view video page due to a JS conflict. This only happens to IE9 though.

Finally, here's the download:

[attachment=22423]
Quote:As for the features, I'll let you guys figure them out yourselves.

How about no. Not downloading and installing a plugin if you can't even be bothered to explain what it is and how it works.
(2011-04-23, 07:35 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]How about no. Not downloading and installing a plugin if you can't even be bothered to explain what it is and how it works.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-91129.html
Sorry uncontrol. Obviously humour is not one of your strong points. had you checked the thread listing, there is a dev thread right below this one with the features in. I'll edit them in for you.
I'll try it out in a bit.
Cheers Jammerx2. I think it should work fine - it certainly does in my localhost and the test environment donated to me.
(2011-04-23, 07:38 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry uncontrol. Obviously humour is not one of your strong points. had you checked the thread listing, there is a dev thread right below this one with the features in. I'll edit them in for you.

I use "View Today's Posts" so there was no way for me to know that :\
Ah, I'm sorry then Smile I edited it into the first post as I see now it's best to include.
Quote:SQL Error:
1060 - Duplicate column name 'vidcat'
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_videos ( vid INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , uid INT NOT NULL , vidname VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL , vidurl VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL , viddesc VARCHAR( 1000 ) NOT NULL , viddate DATETIME NOT NULL , vidmod INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' , vidcat INT NOT NULL , vidcat INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' , vidseolink VARCHAR( 30 ) NOT NULL , PRIMARY KEY ( vid ) );

After removing the duplicate vidcat it worked well, although I only tested with youtube. I'll test upload in a bit, but I really only have avi's.
Seems pretty cool, will have to check it out. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10