Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,352
» Latest member: Notary services in UAE
» Forum threads: 176,384
» Forum posts: 1,236,435

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Curves UI - 1.9 Theme for...
Forum: Theme Releases
Last Post: OakleY
2 hours ago
» Replies: 18
» Views: 433
$gid/$usertitle missing i...
Forum: Plugin Support
Last Post: webless
3 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 249
Themes does not work afte...
Forum: General Support
Last Post: Devilshakerz
8 hours ago
» Replies: 22
» Views: 1,257
MyAlerts
Forum: Plugin Releases
Last Post: Laird
8 hours ago
» Replies: 1,800
» Views: 795,026
Is it possible to show to...
Last Post: effone
Yesterday, 02:20 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,445
[Warning message] Undefin...
Last Post: Micheus
2024-03-26, 05:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7,243
Mybb & Full stack dev w/ ...
Forum: Requests / Services / Jobs
Last Post: BigDDDDguy
2024-03-26, 04:17 PM
» Replies: 70
» Views: 151,090
MyBB Internal: One or mor...
Last Post: MattyWjeisz
2024-03-26, 07:34 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,307
OP Can Close Thread 1.4.1
Forum: Plugin Releases
Last Post: Laird
2024-03-26, 12:27 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 3,989
Operation Nostalgia - The...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: MattyWjeisz
2024-03-25, 08:42 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 356

Installing but keeping all posts + addons
Posted by: mpgsnake - 2010-08-03, 11:10 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (9)

So recently my host shut down and sent me the backup of my forums. I found a new provider and I wish that I could just upload everything through FTP and done with it..but that hasn't worked. I modified the config.php to reflect the change in MySql databases but that didn't work.

How do I accomplish something like that?

Thanks in advance.

Print this item

Hide IP Admin
Posted by: Starnova - 2010-08-03, 10:38 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (5)

How can I hide the administrator IP on posts in 1.6

Print this item

Posted by: Tim-7967 - 2010-08-03, 10:02 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (7)

I've been having problems getting avatars to be linked to correctly on my forum.

As I try to save space on my forum, I generally disallow usage of the direct avatar upload and instead get by with requesting my users to upload the avatar to another location and provide a link to the avatar.

The only problem is that it can't seem to identify the link correctly. It keeps saying a link to my avatar at Gravitar is invalid when it is the correct link to get to the image in question.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Print this item

1.6 UPGRADE TROUBLESHOOTING - PLEASE READ
Posted by: Matt - 2010-08-03, 09:35 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - No Replies

Hi,

This thread outlines a couple of errors people have had whilst upgrading from MyBB 1.4 to 1.6 and what to do to resolve them.

Unknown column 't.prefix'
Make sure you have run the upgrade script. This column was added in the upgrade so if it's missing, the upgrade script has not been run fully.

Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Make sure you've uploaded all the new files properly, so they have overwritten the old files. This column was removed in the upgrade so if you're getting this error, your files are still looking for it. Also make sure you've not got any plugins running that are not 1.6 compatible.

Alternatively, if you have merged to MyBB from another forum software, redownload the MyBB Merge System, extract the loginconvert.php file, and upload it over the current version in your ./inc/plugins/ folder.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method DB_MySQLi::add_column()
Make sure you've uploaded all the new files properly, so they have overwritten the old files. This method was added to the database abstraction layers in the update, so if it can't be found, you still have the old files without it.

Thread Prefixes, Statistics and File Verification menu options missing from ACP
Make sure you have uploaded all the new files. If you have renamed your admin folder for security reasons, the files may have been uploaded to the 'admin' folder and not to your renamed folder. To fix this, either rename the admin folder in the package to the name of your custom admin folder and upload the files again, or upload the contents of the 'admin' folder in the package to inside your custom admin folder, so they overwrite the current admin files.

New features missing on the front end, or pages broken/messy
Your templates will need to be reverted to default to make sure they are running the 1.6 HTML. To do this go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates > for each template choose Options > Revert to Original. This will mean you will lose any template edits you have made, however you can save the edits and make them again after once the rest of the template has been updated.

Thanks for using MyBB 1.6 Smile

Print this item

Statistics
Posted by: mrl586 - 2010-08-03, 09:35 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (3)

I converted my forum from phpBB3 to MyBB 1.6. Now I look statistics. I can see only two days (monday and tuesday). If try set start date some earlier day, I always see only these two days. Is this bug?

Print this item

Mybb 1.5.0.2
Posted by: Pelayo - 2010-08-03, 08:56 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

Hi,how i can upgrade my forum Mybb 1.5.0.2(Mybb 1.6 beta 2) to Mybb 1.6.0?

Print this item

Upgrade Stops during IP Repair Conversion
Posted by: Arianna - 2010-08-03, 08:55 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (9)

I'm currently converting a live board from MyBB 1.4.13 to 1.6. I deactivated plugins, set the board as offline, and uploaded the files - however, the installer is now stopping during the IP Repair Conversion.

When the screen shows:

Quote:Repairing ip 70000 to 75000 (434244 Total)
There is no next button, javascript redirect, or anything like it. I can restart (edited) install.php, but it persistently stops here.

I'm probably being really stupid about something, but help would be very greatly appreciated. Smile

Print this item

Missing Features?
Posted by: Lithium - 2010-08-03, 08:40 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (11)

I thought I was going crazy, but today I upgraded to MyBB 1.6 and after reading a few threads and getting terribly confused, I seem to have found out that strangely I'm missing some features:

So far, I've found i'm missing:

File Verification
Statistics
Thread Prefixes

HuhHuh Any idea what's wrong?

Print this item

I just Installed 1.4 a few days ago, should I....
Posted by: IdiotDomainer - 2010-08-03, 06:09 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (6)

try and Upgrade it to 1.6 or just delete it and Install 1.6?

I installed 1.4 with Softaculous through MyBBWebhost just 5 days ago and I notice Softaculous has yet to add 1.6 to their library.

Should I wait for them to add it to their library or should I try and Install it myself?

I don't want to continue building my forum in 1.4 if I can change over to 1.6.

Appreciate any advice,
Thanks

Print this item

I have a question about videos and upgrade[SOLVED]
Posted by: Starnova - 2010-08-03, 05:30 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (4)

Well last evening I upgraded to 1.6. Today I am back on 1.4 to try it again this time uninstalling plugins before I install.

Well the thing that really bothered me was that I lost an entire forum of you tube videos.

They would not show other than a link.

When I upgrade again will this be an issue?

Thanks

http://www.24x7depot.com

Print this item