Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,349
» Latest member: games for all
» Forum threads: 176,385
» Forum posts: 1,236,428

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Do you know about The top...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: riduan222
17 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
[Tut] Best way to make ho...
Last Post: riduan222
38 minutes ago
» Replies: 28
» Views: 11,099
Curves UI - 1.9 Theme for...
Forum: Theme Releases
Last Post: MattyWjeisz
1 hour ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 350
Themes does not work afte...
Forum: General Support
Last Post: Micheus
Yesterday, 04:40 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 945
Is it possible to show to...
Last Post: effone
Yesterday, 02:20 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,199
[Warning message] Undefin...
Last Post: Micheus
2024-03-26, 05:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6,858
Mybb & Full stack dev w/ ...
Forum: Requests / Services / Jobs
Last Post: BigDDDDguy
2024-03-26, 04:17 PM
» Replies: 70
» Views: 150,694
MyBB Internal: One or mor...
2024-03-26, 07:34 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,047
OP Can Close Thread 1.4.1
Forum: Plugin Releases
Last Post: Laird
2024-03-26, 12:27 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 3,986
Operation Nostalgia - The...
2024-03-25, 08:42 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 354

How to Change Form titles i.e. ‘Forum’ to ‘Conference Room’
Posted by: SuzieQ Calgary - 2015-10-19, 04:29 AM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

I am using MyBB 1.6 and will be upgraded to 1.8 upon return of our webmaster. 

While waiting for the webmasters return, I would like to know if I can and how to change form titles such as "Category" to "Conferring Group" and "Forum" to "Conference Room" and "Threads" to "Table Topic".  Can this be done to apply universally? For example if I were to click Options within a Thread, intending to create a child forum, could I have it automatically appear under a column titled "Table Topic"? (Please note that 'Category', 'Forum' and 'child forum' do not have to be changed, only the bulletin board's visible titles.)

I hope I'm making sense and that what I'm asking can be done. BTW, these changes are to accommodate a professional group whose disciplines relate to these terms.  Thank you and hope to hear something soon.
Huh

Print this item

100% full inbox issue
Posted by: Gi Nattak - 2015-09-30, 06:02 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (2)

Hello there!

An admin on our site with 'Site Staff" status applied to their primary group decided to step down and become a regular user. They now report that their inbox says "100% full" even though they emptied it.
We're suspecting this is some kind of bug that occurs with removing the "Site staff" as primary user group?
Thought I'd ask here first before wasting a bunch of time. Any way to fix this up? The person reports that they are able to receive messages from admins but not regular users, and no matter what it says 100% full.

Thanks.

Print this item

Problem with the editor
Posted by: GOTrules - 2015-09-27, 12:17 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (4)

Hi!

I'm new to mybb and it is the first forum I ever created, so I have a few problems here and there. The one I want to fix right now is with the editor.

I wanted to post a link to a Youtube video and I noticed that there was a problem with the editor. Here's what I get.

[Image: 841723Sanstitre.png]

I don't know what to do to fix that. I've tried installing plugins, but most are not compatible with my version of mybb and those who are don't seem to change anything about that.

Here are the details that might be useful to help me.

MyBB Version: 1.6.18
Forum url: forum-otaku.com
[url=forum-otaku.com][/url]

Thanks in advance! Smile

Print this item

Why isnt this latest thread code working?
Posted by: tome9 - 2015-09-26, 04:03 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

Hi guys,

On my website I have a side bar with the purpose of showing latest threads.

The code below doesnt seem to be working and I cannot get my head around why, any help is much appreciated.

My forum - theonlinegamingzone.com

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
	lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}

<div class="sidebar" style="float: right; width: 250px;">

<script type="text/javascript">
	jQuery(function(){
		jQuery(".latestthreads").load("{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php .latestthreads_portal");
	});
	</script>

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
		<tr>
			<td class="thead">
					<strong>Latest Activity</strong>
			</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td style="{$collapsed['ths_e']} padding: 0;" id="ths_e">
				<div class="latestthreads float_left"></div>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
  	<div class="theadend"></div>

</div>

<div class="forums" style="float: left; width: 724px;">
	{$forums}
</div>

<br class="clear" /><br />
{$boardstats}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Print this item

how to post full rss feed?
Posted by: desiusanet - 2015-09-24, 11:55 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - No Replies

Hello friends,

I have RSS feed poster but it only posts truncated articles in the threads with a link to the original article

I have tried using the websites which generate full rss feed but they aren't working

Example of RSS feed poster thread-

http://www.indiachatforum.net/Thread-kha...ter-output

Is there a way to post full articles along with the pictures?

And of course I would want the link to actual article to give full credit to the news website

Please help

Print this item

Varied Issues After Restoring Forum to MyBB 1.6.14 after a failed 1.8.6 upgrade.
Posted by: Nuke - 2015-09-24, 08:21 AM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (8)

I am the admin of http://ekunia.com. Around midnight on Tuesday, I attempted to upgrade my forum running 1.6.14 to 1.8.6. At the moment, I have re-installed 1.6.14 and uploaded a database dump I got from phpMyAdmin. The theme is not functioning properly, just because I haven't found where it is in my 1.8.6 files yet. I can log in, browse, and post. I can't access the admin CP. It signs me out whenever I try to leave /admin/index.php, presumably because admin permissions are broken or something.

"Invalid administration session"

Print this item

How to change defaul wording on forum?
Posted by: freeeducation365 - 2015-09-24, 03:53 AM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

I like to know how to change general wording of MyBB forum.

As example How to change wording "Search Forum" on side box like "Search Website.

Thanks

Print this item

Who's Online Not Loading
Posted by: PatriciaDevitt - 2015-09-22, 03:12 AM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

It loads for about 10 seconds then times out. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Patricia

Print this item

Help with Subdomains (and maybe site efficiency)
Posted by: Rhythm_BCA - 2015-09-21, 10:25 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - No Replies

Hi everyone.  Have run into some roadblocks as far as integrating our site with our forum and archives and figured this would be the absolute best place for some assistance. 

I'm one of the admins on Sprites-Inc (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/index.php) an archive that hosts Mega Man sprites as well as some Public Domain images that members have created, and a Castlevania section.  We recently changed the layout so that the archive would be easily accessible from the forum, and vice-versa.  I have recently finished updating the specific game sections of the archive with the newer layout.  This now leaves our Public Domain section and our Castlevania Section requiring the newer layout.  As you can see, the links are slightly different than the mainsite url.  The PD section is a subdomain on the server, while the castlevania section is a subsection of the main site. (pd.sprites-inc.co.uk and sprites-inc.co.uk/vania)

What my hope was that I could integrate the current layout onto these separate domains, but with a different theme.  The PD would be a red variant of the main blue site, while the Castlevania section would have more of a darker/orangey tone to match the colors of the original Castlevania game.  Is it entirely possible to force a specific theme onto a subdomain?  I've tried a few different things such as manually setting up the php's and it would not pull the member data from the main site.  And at this point I'm at a complete loss and require a more professional look at how to do this.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.  I would be happy to provide any code necessary to help specify this.

A secondary question is...I feel our url's are grossly inefficient compared to how they used to be. Before the upgrade, they were along the lines of sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Classic/MM1 where now they're sprites-inc.co.uk/sprite.php?local=/Classic/MM1
the ?local= part is really throwing me off and I'm wondering if that is an unnecessary bit of code.  again, anything necessary I would be happy to provide.

I am grateful for any and all assistance I receive with this.  And thank you in advance.

Rhythm_BCA/Jonathan

Print this item

Problem in the first step
Posted by: OhChips - 2015-09-21, 05:54 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (2)

Hello everyone !

Firstly, please excuse my English but I do not speak very good (I'm French).

I come to you because I installed MyBB on my server, but I can not get pass the first step ...

Here is the link: http://www.teknikarts.com/OnlineEXperience/

Note that I've changed the CHMOD and I followed the information in the help file.

Can you help me please?

Print this item