Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Login Possible?
(02-17-2012, 04:34 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(02-16-2012, 09:33 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote:  I developed such a plugin, just needs some beta testers. Please have a look at this thread for more informations.

You're asking for "beta testers" and yet you're charging for the download. Pretty disgraceful in my books Huh

MyBB is based on an open community, you should take your commercial interests elsewhere.

So you will never ever have any ads on your site? Because you know, making money off of your site is wrong if it's powered off of free things.

Now listen, MyBB has stated many times, that people can make whatever they want for MyBB, and charge whatever.

If you don't like the actions of plugin creator, take your negative comments elsewhere. He is allowed whatever he wants to do. If you are too cheap to pay for something you want, make it yourself, or wait for someone else too. Do not bash someone else for looking for some compensation for weeks of work. Lennart has released a lot of plugins, some paid and some free. He is a great asset to the MyBB community, and honestly you have shown a lot of disrespect for someone that is trying to help people, I think you owe him an apology.

TL;DR Take your cheap ideology somewhere else

/Rant
You know what's weird? Me.
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
I would NEVER trust a site telling me to login with my FB or Google details. Ever. I don't even do Twitter API logins. F that. It's got to be an easy way to phish people.
(02-17-2012, 06:13 AM)Lo. Wrote:  
(02-17-2012, 04:34 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(02-16-2012, 09:33 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote:  I developed such a plugin, just needs some beta testers. Please have a look at this thread for more informations.

You're asking for "beta testers" and yet you're charging for the download. Pretty disgraceful in my books Huh

MyBB is based on an open community, you should take your commercial interests elsewhere.

So you will never ever have any ads on your site? Because you know, making money off of your site is wrong if it's powered off of free things.

Now listen, MyBB has stated many times, that people can make whatever they want for MyBB, and charge whatever.

If you don't like the actions of plugin creator, take your negative comments elsewhere. He is allowed whatever he wants to do. If you are too cheap to pay for something you want, make it yourself, or wait for someone else too. Do not bash someone else for looking for some compensation for weeks of work. Lennart has released a lot of plugins, some paid and some free. He is a great asset to the MyBB community, and honestly you have shown a lot of disrespect for someone that is trying to help people, I think you owe him an apology.

TL;DR Take your cheap ideology somewhere else

/Rant

Apparently I didn't explain myself properly, what I'm trying to get at is this:

Lennart is clearly more worried about his CTR than representing himself honestly. By framing his sales as a "betta test" he is misleading users into clicking into what they think is free. This is not a clean way to do business.

And on a free forum where he is basically getting free advertising, I don't think this is respectable behavior. It's more of a cheat.

Yes Lennart is an asset to the community, but I think mods should rethink how he is permitted to advertise.
(02-17-2012, 04:34 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  You're asking for "beta testers" and yet you're charging for the download. Pretty disgraceful in my books Huh

He didn't write anywhere that this plugin is going to be free or paid.

According to your conclusion all extensions (mod,plugin,hack) can't be paid just because base software (in this case Mybb) is free ?

Newsflash buddy:even joomla and WP (both free softwares) have many paid components,modules,themes,hacks,plugins or any other form of extensions and they are also available in extensions directories (nobody complained or cryed about that).

Quote:And on a free forum where he is basically getting free advertising, I don't think this is respectable behavior. It's more of a cheat.

Signature areas of some members have links to premium plugins /themes / third party software and nobody is complaining about that kind of advertising (only you do).

Quote:Lennart is clearly more worried about his CTR than representing himself honestly. By framing his sales as a "betta test" he is misleading users into clicking into what they think is free. This is not a clean way to do business.

He just asked IF SOMEONE IS WILLING TO TEST G+ LOGIN on his test board WITHOUT any form of payment or access to final product and anybody with intellectual component inside their head (aka brain) can figure it out that this beta test is the next step to releasing final product (free or payed).

(02-17-2012, 06:32 AM)labrocca Wrote:  I would NEVER trust a site telling me to login with my FB or Google details. Ever. I don't even do Twitter API logins. F that. It's got to be an easy way to phish people.
I see your point. I don't use this feature myself but I saw a lot of people using it regulary because they are too lazy to create a new account, remember the password and so on.
I guess it depends on what you are doing with your FB / Google account.

(02-17-2012, 04:34 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  You're asking for "beta testers" and yet you're charging for the download. Pretty disgraceful in my books Huh

Sorry, I am a student and have to get my money to pay my food. I guess mom and dad are paying yours - if so you can of course work for free.

Let me just get some facts straight:
Yes, I asked for beta testers. I am also beta testing other people's stuff, that's a good method to check out plugins behaviour and find bugs.
I did not try to do any advertising here. I simply ran a public beta test for a plugin that I released to paid subscribers later. I think everybody has the right to ask for beta testers, in fact the showcase is nothing else then some sort of beta test. And the people are keeping there forums completely for themselves!
Would you mind testing a plugin that is not going to be released at all? I would not.

(02-17-2012, 06:58 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Lennart is clearly more worried about his CTR than representing himself honestly. By framing his sales as a "betta test" he is misleading users into clicking into what they think is free. This is not a clean way to do business.
I don't care about CTR at all. I am not framing my sales with a beta test, I do clearly separate them. I do not advertise my plugins at Mybb.com.
I am a honest man and I think all people who do know me can confirm that. I do clean work and I follow the rules. I do not work with backdoors or dirty tricks.
I hope you'll think about it one more time and maybe read some of my older threads here to get a different picture of my person. It is sad to be judged that way by somebody who obviously doesn't know anything about yourself.

Thank you for reading.
My Company - I am Microsoft Certified in HTML5, CSS3 and JS