MyBB Community Forums
Premium Feature? - Printable Version

+- MyBB Community Forums (http://community.mybb.com)
+-- Forum: Development (/forum-161.html)
+--- Forum: MyBB 1.6 Development (/forum-164.html)
+---- Forum: 1.6 Suggestions and Feedback (/forum-7.html)
+---- Thread: Premium Feature? (/thread-15287.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Premium Feature? - Christian - 01-10-2007 08:59 PM

CraKteR Wrote:I think this should be a plug-in and not a standard feature within MyBB.
I agree with you on this.
Tikitiki Wrote:In my opinion I think it should be a standard feature because corporations/businesses and people selling products on their forum could setup an Payment Gateway to sell their product and allow transactions through the Payment API. Donations could be a good one too. People who need that are probably picking vB/IPB/phpBB instead of us because we don't have that feature.
Err. I can see your logic, but how many regular users will benefit from this? How many people need this? Not many from what I have seen. I say an optional plugin would be better.

RE: Premium Feature? - Dennis Tsang - 01-10-2007 09:13 PM

Christian Wrote:Err. I can see your logic, but how many regular users will benefit from this? How many people need this? Not many from what I have seen. I say an optional plugin would be better.

I thought everybody wanted to jump at the chance of making money. Perhaps that's Web 1.0...

RE: Premium Feature? - Martin M. - 01-10-2007 09:34 PM

DennisTT Wrote:
Christian Wrote:Err. I can see your logic, but how many regular users will benefit from this? How many people need this? Not many from what I have seen. I say an optional plugin would be better.

I thought everybody wanted to jump at the chance of making money. Perhaps that's Web 1.0...

That's why it should be a plug-in, the miss use of it would probably be huge if it was a standard feature.

RE: Premium Feature? - NightRider - 01-10-2007 10:21 PM

Yeah but say if my host has problems with me installing mods/plug-ins with it then I cannot use it..I think it should be in the forum auto, and your able to ignore it, if you didnt like it...ITs something that tons of my friends and big websites want...

RE: Premium Feature? - Martin M. - 01-10-2007 10:37 PM

You should have no problem installing mods/plug-ins on your host if MyBB works on it as it's just a extra PHP file. 0.o
Many do edit the templates though and this may cause problems on non-standard themes.

RE: Premium Feature? - NightRider - 01-10-2007 11:18 PM

easier to havethis on here though as reg... Why make it a plugin? Theirs a couple of things I see that I would prefer to be a plugin on the MyBBs but I deal with it...And its not that big so no one would have to worry about that..

Its easier/Simple to make it auto

RE: Premium Feature? - Martin M. - 01-10-2007 11:23 PM

Easy, well it might be. That's not the point. Too many features == bloat == stupid crappy software.

Also as I said I wouldn't like this as a default feature myself. You also see why on my other posts.

RE: Premium Feature? - NightRider - 01-10-2007 11:32 PM

Yeah but then again, tooo many plugins installed also make it over powered and as well host may go down due to bw/space

RE: Premium Feature? - Dennis Tsang - 01-11-2007 12:41 AM

NightRider Wrote:Yeah but then again, tooo many plugins installed also make it over powered and as well host may go down due to bw/space

The number of plugins doesn't affect your bandwidth, as long as they don't output to the user.

RE: Premium Feature? - Ryan Gordon - 01-11-2007 01:03 AM

CraKteR Wrote:Easy, well it might be. That's not the point. Too many features == bloat == stupid crappy software.

Also as I said I wouldn't like this as a default feature myself. You also see why on my other posts.

What's with this anti bloat omg if we put a feature in mybb it will become crappy?

As long as people aren't blind they can figure it out themselves what the damn feature it by just reading the description. Honestly, this is a feature that many people would use. Who wouldn't want to be able to easily setup a donation module to their pay-pal account from their forum software.