Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Tutorial]: Adding Meta Tags
(09-20-2011, 04:02 PM)bestblackhatforum.com Wrote:  In my opinion i wont use this kind of modification cause this will hurt your SEO rankings since this meta tags will be the same in all pages.
Cause meta tags should be related to its content. This kind of modification is only good in index.php but not in all pages.

whats the solution?
Just don't use meta tags on a forum.
A forum is meant for discussion and uses its own search engine to search the forums for posts, users, etc.

I can understand using adwords or meta tags on a web page, but it just seems kinda silly to put meta tags on a forum.

Just my $.02.
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me. And tore me to pieces, and threw every piece into a fire.
the meta tags are not so that you can search your own site more effectively, they are so that external sites/search engines can better locate your site and properly categorize it and find it when people search those terms.

Dynamic meta tags are best and the Google SEO plugin supports them on several pages.
Personal site: CommunityPlugins.com

Please do not PM me for MyBB support here. Use the forums, they are here for a reason. Thanks.
Is there any plugin that allows me to add a meta description tag per forum/category for google sitelinks?
(09-29-2013, 11:58 AM)squibs Wrote:  Is there any plugin that allows me to add a meta description tag per forum/category for google sitelinks?
http://mods.mybb.com/view/metatags-plugin
[Image: 468x60_bf4brasil_site_zpsd7eefd7f.png]