Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB 2.0 Plugin System
Hello guys,

I know this is a little bit early for such discussions, but can you keep us updated on the MyBB 2.0 Plugin System??

I want to start developing some plugins for 2.0, I know you're going to use Yii Framework, so basically the plugins should be written in "Yii way" ?? (if that makes sense)

I mean as a possible future plugin developer Big Grin, should I start learning how to write a correct Yii code?

Thanks Wink
(08-10-2014, 08:05 PM)Omar G. Wrote:  1.8 has this feature, if you want to wait.
When 2.0 gets closer to completion, there will be beta releases for plugin developers to use to begin developing.
-Paul H.
Please feel free to PM regarding issues within the community, the blog, social media pages, or the public image of MyBB.

Cogisne lingua latina?
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
I agree a bit, I was also seeking to ask for a test plugin for 2.0 so I could see and study the code.
I'm sure there will be an example plugin.

But, you guys have to remember very little (if any) code has actually been written yet.
This might be my debut into MyBB plugins, if I study Yii enough.
As crazy4cs pointed out, a sample plugin would be absolutely awesome. I know I learn programming languages (and frameworks) very well by reading and comprehending an example.
Nathan Malcolm Wrote:* Nathan Malcolm likes how Facebook sent him a white page and a "500 OK" response code
* Nathan Malcolm says "No facebook, that is not OK."
IMO, the best thing you can do is download Yii and start playing it. At the very least, you'll start to get used to the MVC way of writing code.
I'm not sure how you'd expect to be able to write plugins for a system that isn't built yet. Just learn Yii, forget about writing plugins until 2.0 is actually written.
Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
(12-28-2011, 08:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote:  I'm not sure how you'd expect to be able to write plugins for a system that isn't built yet. Just learn Yii, forget about writing plugins until 2.0 is actually written.

LOL that was an answer to my question, I said I'm a "possible FUTURE plugin dev." Wink
(08-10-2014, 08:05 PM)Omar G. Wrote:  1.8 has this feature, if you want to wait.