Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attachment mime types funky on forums?
I just posted an attachment and tried to download it. It would let me download it fine, however in Firefox when I tried to download the .zip file I posted Firefox called it a MP3 format sound, even though it had the .zip file extension.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Just bringing this to your attention. Smile
YourStreamingGuide.com - Find great TV shows and Movies to stream now on Netflix and Hulu.
I think that has to do with what method you zipped it doesn't it? (I could be wrong here)
I'm not here much. Check out my Blog, or Twitter
Care to post that zip here?
Sure, here is the file.

I am wondering if it is a MyBB bug though, because I had the same attachment on my forum and Firefox said it was an "Adobe PNG file".

Somehow the mime types are messed up.

Attached Files
.zip   MyBB_Multiforums_300b1_for_MyBB_1.6.6.zip (Size: 224.26 KB / Downloads: 85)
YourStreamingGuide.com - Find great TV shows and Movies to stream now on Netflix and Hulu.
Downloads fine for me in Firefox. Sad
No problems here.
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
Try this, it works better

Attached Files
.zip   helloworld.zip (Size: 190 bytes / Downloads: 56)
Hmm interesting. And what's the difference between that one and the other one?
(02-21-2012, 01:27 PM)frostschutz Wrote: Try this, it works better

Odd, when I try to download that one it tries to download as a .bmp image, and Firefox says "This image cannot be displayed because it contains errors".

That's odd. Anyone else having anything similar, or is my Firefox just messed up? Smile
I can do the first just fine, but the second just displays a blank page in mobile safari on my iPad.
No, I am not looking to be hired at the moment. No, I am not taking plugin requests at the moment. Do not PM me for these things. Thank you for understanding.