Current time: 07-25-2014, 05:07 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying to merge phpbb3 to mybb 167
05-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Not Solved trying to merge phpbb3 to mybb 167
hi there i followed the instructions for the merger but i am stuck at the database the database beeing used on phpbb3 is mysql i used the dbname which i used initially for the forum creation now i get this error

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at xx.xx.xx:3306' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 01:32 PM by Nathan Malcolm.)
Not Solved RE: trying to merge phpbb3 to mybb 167
I'm not necessary to provide a port. 3306 is the default port MySQL listens on. Simply use the hostname on it's own.

If that doesn't fix the issue, make sure the details are 100% correct and make sure the database user has access to that database.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2012, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2012 07:24 AM by georgets.)
Not Solved RE: trying to merge phpbb3 to mybb 167
(05-12-2012 12:55 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote:  I'm not necessary to provide a port. 3006 is the default port MySQL listens on. Simply use the hostname on it's own.

If that doesn't fix the issue, make sure the details are 100% correct and make sure the database user has access to that database.

well i tried both options and yes this user has access to the database using him also for webadmin console,
additional i tried something else, did export database and imported it local to my pc also installed mybb localy but then i get the following error
•The phpBB 3 database could not be found in 'phpbb_0'. Please ensure phpBB 3 exists at this database and with this table prefix.

(05-12-2012 01:27 PM)georgets Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 12:55 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote:  I'm not necessary to provide a port. 3006 is the default port MySQL listens on. Simply use the hostname on it's own.

well i tried both options and yes this user has access to the database using him also for webadmin console,
additional i tried something else, did export database and imported it local to my pc also installed mybb localy but then i get the following error
•The phpBB 3 database could not be found in 'phpbb_0'. Please ensure phpBB 3 exists at this database and with this table prefix.

any ideas guys ? i am really stuck and i really want to change to mybb but starting from the scratch is not an option....
Find all posts by this user