Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprite Sheets
Will 2.0 make use of them? I hope so.
[Image: hdoE.png]
m1ne.net - coming soon
As in CSS sprites? I'd love to see them implemented. I know xF use them for smilies and stuff and they do really help boost site speed.
Exactly those.
[Image: hdoE.png]
m1ne.net - coming soon
I believe that's part of the plan, not sure though.
-Paul H.
Please feel free to PM regarding issues within the community, the blog, social media pages, or the public image of MyBB.

Cogisne lingua latina?
Sounds awesome, although Smiley sprites doesn't sound right, as you'd have to compile a spire sheet with place values for any custom smilies.
(05-16-2012, 03:39 AM)Pixlr Wrote:  Sounds awesome, although Smiley sprites doesn't sound right, as you'd have to compile a spire sheet with place values for any custom smilies.

Not necessarily. You could have sets which come with a CSS file and add single smilies the old way.
They're not in use in the current 2.0 theme prototypes, but they absolutely will be in the final 2.0 theme.
@justinsoltesz - MyBB Lead Designer - jsoltesz.com - rctgo.com - quizli.com
I'd like to chime in and say that I think smilies really should not go on a sheet - while it'd be better for people who aren't going to change them, it'll be an absolute bastard to those who will change them. Especially when they are different sizes - and while the suggest for new ones being separate images would work, it'd look very disorganised.
There could be a "sprite mode" for people who want it. Not sure if it's feasible though.
Maybe custom sprites will have their separate sheets or even individual images?