Current time: 07-28-2014, 06:27 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
RE: Google SEO 1.0.1
A great future release is that we should somehow be allowed to change up the permalinks. I know an IPB plugin does this by getting the permalink structure from an XML file.

Need web hosting? Try MyBBWebHost!
#1 for Running MyBB Communities
The world's only premium web host dedicated to MyBB forums.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
Sorry, not sure I get what you mean. What links do you want to change up? You can already change the URL scheme and there are many other options that affect how URLs are generated from the item name (filtering of punctuation, character translation, max length etc).

If you want to be able to give items an URL that does not reflect their name at all, I won't do that. The whole point of these talkative URLs is that they do reflect the item they represent.

Google SEO | Gravatar | Hooks | HTMLPurifier | Overview | Patches | PluginLibrary @ GitHub/frostschutz
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2009, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 08:40 PM by aglioeolio.)
I see that permisions is not considered to sitemap, so threads in private Forums will be listed in sitemap too.

Is there any problem with "access denied" message to bots?

This plugin is amazing, I´m testing now and it´s looking awesome, no problems at all Smile

[]s, Claudio

Tutorial: Jquery (by google API) with mybb (Prototype)
Distinction between Paid/Free Plugins Threads
03-11-2009, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 08:55 PM by frostschutz.)
Actually, permissions should be considered properly in the Sitemap already.

However if you browse the sitemap yourself while you're logged in as user with the permissions, you will see the links in the sitemap too. It's dynamically generated based on the permissions of the current user. Try browsing your own sitemap as guest (if the search engine has the same permissions as a guest on your site, which is the default setting).

If you see something as a guest that guests are not able to see, please give a detailed report (which item was linked, and what permissions are set where to prevent guests from seeing that item). Thank you.

And to answer your question in regards to bots: If you have links in a sitemap that google isn't actually allowed to access, it will display a warning for your sitemap in Google Webdev Tools - but it will still index all links of your sitemap that it can access. Nevertheless there shouldnt be any inaccessible links in the sitemap that Google sees.

Google SEO | Gravatar | Hooks | HTMLPurifier | Overview | Patches | PluginLibrary @ GitHub/frostschutz
03-11-2009, 10:28 PM
hmm... it´s perfect accordly to its permissions.
I forgot to configure access to registered users only before checking "sitemap-threads.xml?page=1" as an guest

Thanks frostschutz

[]s, Claudio

Tutorial: Jquery (by google API) with mybb (Prototype)
Distinction between Paid/Free Plugins Threads
03-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Frostschutz, how much of a practical impact do you think this plugin will have in terms of PR?

HARAJUJU.net / MyBB Humanization Project
03-12-2009, 12:21 AM

does that answer make you happy? Big Grin Toungue

I'm really not sure, I'm not a PR person.

03-12-2009, 01:09 AM
(03-11-2009 08:31 PM)frostschutz Wrote:  Sorry, not sure I get what you mean. What links do you want to change up? You can already change the URL scheme and there are many other options that affect how URLs are generated from the item name (filtering of punctuation, character translation, max length etc).
Oh, that's already available? Cool, sorry, I didn't actually download.

Need web hosting? Try MyBBWebHost!
#1 for Running MyBB Communities
The world's only premium web host dedicated to MyBB forums.
03-12-2009, 01:14 AM
(03-12-2009 12:21 AM)frostschutz Wrote:  42

does that answer make you happy? Big Grin Toungue

I'm really not sure, I'm not a PR person.

PR ... Page Rank. I would hope that would be the point of this plugin.

HARAJUJU.net / MyBB Humanization Project
03-12-2009, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 02:16 AM by frostschutz.)
RE: Google SEO 1.0.2
Oh, I thought you meant public relations. The answer still remains the same though. Don't believe for a second that installing a plugin will cause your PageRank to skyrocket. No one can promise you that. If you read the Google's SEO starter guide you'll notice that many of their recommendations are based on what's good for the user. And that's exactly the point of this plugin: make MyBB more friendly to both users and search engines. If doing that helps pagerank that's just a side benefit. PageRank is a wide field and there's only so much a plugin can do... if your site does not have any quality content and no linkage from and to good sites (getting the word out), Google may not even index it even if it's perfect from a technical point of view.

Bugfix release 1.0.2, should resolve some rare sql errors and restore 'users browsing this forum' functionality. Please try it.