Current time: 04-19-2014, 05:10 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
LimeWire won't start
03-15-2009, 05:26 PM
LimeWire won't start
So up until recently, I've had no issues with LimeWire, and that includes no viruses and such.

Well I recently downloaded the new LimeWire 5.1.2, and now I've run into a huge problem. It won't even start. I click on the desktop icon, and shows indication that I clicked it, but other than that...

It won't appear on the Taskbar, and TaskManager shows no sign of it either. I've tried reinstalling, and rebooting, but nothing works.

Is this a bug with the program itself or?...btw, I'm running Vista, with a custom theme.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2009, 06:18 AM
RE: LimeWire won't start
Use frostwire, its a free and open source clone of limewire pro, limewire standard is known for being a bit.... dodgy.

Need help? Have you seen this?
03-16-2009, 06:34 AM
(03-16-2009 06:18 AM)_Tim Wrote:  Use frostwire, its a free and open source clone of limewire pro, limewire standard is known for being a bit.... dodgy.

try updating to 5 or try it ona new user. sometimes thats hte issue

Do you design websites for Wordpress and Joomla? Looking to make some spare cash this summer? Please PM me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Limewire 5 is much better than Frostwire (not sure if that too has been updated).

Frostwire isn't a clone of LimewirePro, it's Limewire with modifications to make it work like it. That's like saying ActiveCollab is a clone of Redmine... Toungue

If I remember right, I have this problem if my Java isn't up to date... updating to the latest release of java/Limewire normally solves it for me...
03-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Well your first mistake is using LimeWire.

ryanashbrook.co - My Blog - @ryanashbrook
Do NOT PM me for Support!
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
I am using LimeWire 5, and I installed Frostwire, but the same thing is happening to it, as is happening to LimeWire.

Btw, they're not blocked by any firewall.
03-16-2009, 01:19 PM
(03-16-2009 11:08 AM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:  Well your first mistake is using LimeWire.

Damn freedom of choice... Toungue

Update your java version. It should work after that. I don't think Limewire updates it automatically when you upgrade/install it anymore.
03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
An alternative would be to actually pay for orange. LoL.

-Joe
Secure your data with a dragon!
03-16-2009, 04:10 PM
(03-16-2009 11:08 AM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:  Well your first mistake is using LimeWire.

Exactly what I would have said. Toungue
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Hmm, whoever said to update my Java, you were correct.

Don't know why that was the solution though, because everytime a new Java Update comes along, Firefox tells me about it, and automatically installs it, the last update was a few weeks ago, but maybe it didn't install correctly..

Idk, anyway, thanks for the help guys Smile