Current time: 07-25-2014, 12:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[F] Maximum Length in Custom Profile Fields do not work??????? [C-StefanT]
07-04-2009, 12:30 AM
RE: Maximum Length in Custom Profile Fields do not work???????
Unless your going to trim what goes into the db, I don't think that beginning and ending spaces shouldn't be counted from the length of the custom profile field. Could be abused to add a bunch of spaces past the limit.

So I would say remove the trim. I don't like code that modifies what the user didn't put in to the script if it doesn't have to. Other then that, looks good.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2009, 08:29 AM
[F] Maximum Length in Custom Profile Fields do not work???????
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group
Find all posts by this user
07-18-2009, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2009 06:07 PM by Chris W. B..)
RE: [F] Maximum Length in Custom Profile Fields do not work???????
While this works, the error message that is returned doesn't display what the limit is.

For example, I set a textarea to have a limit of 5 characters, but the error message returned the following:

Quote:You entered an invalid number of characters for the "test" field. Please fill in this field with no more than characters.

Notice there is know number between "than" and "characters".
Chris.

Chris W. B.
Former MyBB Support & Software Quality Assurance Team
Twitter: @chriswb
07-18-2009, 10:03 PM
RE: [F] Maximum Length in Custom Profile Fields do not work???????
Ahh I thought I fixed that...

Shy