Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to view someone's desktop without them knowing?
My sister has been doing some not so great stuff online, actually stuff that really worries me.

I was wondering if there's away I could use (Forgot what that program is called, but often Microsoft customer support will use it, it allows a person to take control of someone's desktop, Remote Host is it?), anyway I want to be able to monitor her computer without her knowing, because I need to know exactly what she's doing, I care about her, and want her to be safe, and from what I've overheard, she's going down a red path.
Maybe just talk to her?

If not, I suppose you can download software that allows remote access.

I have a smartphone and recently installed an app which allows you to control your PC from anywhere. I've had fun scaring my family Big Grin
You could sneak up behind her and look over her shoulder?
Remote Desktop. Comes preinstalled. Also best way, install spyware. Gets you a free look at it.
You know what's weird? Me.
(04-08-2010, 01:44 AM)TimB. Wrote:  You could sneak up behind her and look over her shoulder?

Haha well it's not that easy.

I've confronted her about this stuff before, and she just denied it, but I know it's all lies, so I need to find out behind her back.
Yeah, I'd second the "talk to her" suggestion posted initially...

Barring that, there are methods of viewing internet use.
- Is it on a local network? If so, there are programs to view all network activity
- Do you have access to the computer? If so, there are temporary internet files and history

Of course they can be eliminated/bypassed by someone who knows to do it (and how), but then again so can the spyware (and worse) that would allow you to see such things...
(04-08-2010, 01:45 AM)41shots Wrote:  Remote Desktop. Comes preinstalled. Also best way, install spyware. Gets you a free look at it.

Thanks! Hey where would I find her computer's "Remote Computer Name", because I need it in order to connect
(04-08-2010, 01:49 AM)Oxymoron Wrote:  
(04-08-2010, 01:45 AM)41shots Wrote:  Remote Desktop. Comes preinstalled. Also best way, install spyware. Gets you a free look at it.

Thanks! Hey where would I find her computer's "Remote Computer Name", because I need it in order to connect

You have to get on it. Imho, log the computer. Best way. I helped a friend get expose there dad's affair that way. Worked well.
You know what's weird? Me.
Umm, there could be major legal problems with this. If you aren't her guardian or own the computer it's an invasion of privacy.
(04-08-2010, 02:08 AM)Alex Smith Wrote:  Umm, there could be major legal problems with this. If you aren't her guardian or own the computer it's an invasion of privacy.

Well I am her brother, so it's not like I'm some random person, and I have reasonable cause