Current time: 07-24-2014, 02:14 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Hosting For Life!
07-04-2010, 02:41 PM
RE: Free Hosting For Life!
But wait, is it gonna be a dedi server? Like YOU completely own the server?

If it is, it can't be that hard to keep it going.
Find all posts by this user
07-04-2010, 02:43 PM
(07-04-2010 02:41 PM)faviouz Wrote:  But wait, is it gonna be a dedi server? Like YOU completely own the server?

If it is, it can't be that hard to keep it going.

Kind of. It's a cloud server. Which is basically a virtual dedicated server. I get my own IP address and everything, but it's in a datacenter.

Like an office in an office building.

[Image: logo.png] - VPS starting at $15/month!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2010, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2010 03:03 PM by Tom K..)
No a cloud server isn't a dedi. It's a VPS. You can't guarantee you won't be shut down, because you dont control the server.
You using gigenetcloud? Coz their bandwidth is $5/50gb...

My Website and Portfolio - 8192 Game
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
The rules of this forum state:
Quote:The OP must follow through with their end of the deal in any transaction made.

From what I see so far I don't believe the OP will be able to fulfill the guarantees they are offering with their services.

This is largely based on the fact you say your $30 short for paying for the server but you are just going to have to raise this money again next month and if $30 if a significant amount of money for you then I think raising the money to continue the hosting is going to be a problem. I'm am not try to criticize you but to me the maths simply doesn't add up.

/thread

Another hipster dev blog.
Find all posts by this user