Current time: 04-18-2014, 11:36 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Facebook Connect
10-08-2010, 07:11 PM
RE: Beta testers for facebook connect
Many thanks for this Lennart, great plugin! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM
RE: Beta testers for facebook connect
(10-08-2010 06:50 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote:  
(10-08-2010 06:40 PM)Uncontrol Wrote:  Sounds really good. Making me consider the rather steep subscription price haha

Steep price? Tell you what - I worked on that plugin for weeks... If that would be work for a normal client I'd charge XXX€ for such a custom plugin.

Hey, you're welcome to charge whatever you want. It's the highest subscription fee I've seen for one of these sites so far though. You can't compare custom work for one person vs. work for multiple paying customers. I wish more plugin developers would publish a-la-carte instead of subscription.

Sorry, no hate, it's a solid plugin and not a bad price but it's the only plugin of yours that interests me so I haven't decided if I'll pay that subscription.

HARAJUJU.net / MyBB Humanization Project
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2010, 09:18 PM
RE: Facebook Connect
Are you considering something similiar for Twitter, OpenID or anything of the sort? Smile
10-08-2010, 10:01 PM
(10-08-2010 07:40 PM)Uncontrol Wrote:  Hey, you're welcome to charge whatever you want. It's the highest subscription fee I've seen for one of these sites so far though. You can't compare custom work for one person vs. work for multiple paying customers. I wish more plugin developers would publish a-la-carte instead of subscription.

Sorry, no hate, it's a solid plugin and not a bad price but it's the only plugin of yours that interests me so I haven't decided if I'll pay that subscription.

Sure but I think our plugins are worth it and the feedback I got from our customers shows the same. Quality is expensive. I'm sure that other plugin developers could've done this plugin too but nobody did it because it's very time consuming I guess.

(10-08-2010 09:18 PM)faviouz Wrote:  Are you considering something similiar for Twitter, OpenID or anything of the sort? Smile
At the moment I don't plan to do something like that because I am still angry about the facebook bugs and stuff and there are other more important things on my to-do-list such as gallery for 1.6 and so on.
If I'll do them they'll certainly be available for subscribers only.

My Company - I am Microsoft Certified in HTML5, CSS3 and JS
10-09-2010, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2010 05:35 AM by Trinit.)
Just a question (off topic):

Users who are registered and are connected with facebook, can log in using facebook or it will bring them to the register page? I mean: Does the plugin recognize that you are already an user?

P.S. To download it we have to pay the entire subscription or do you have a paying system only for one item?

[Image: 2lazl1z.jpg]
My Portfolio (Not updated)
10-09-2010, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2010 06:16 AM by Alan S..)
(10-09-2010 05:35 AM)Trinit Wrote:  Just a question (off topic):

Users who are registered and are connected with facebook, can log in using facebook or it will bring them to the register page? I mean: Does the plugin recognize that you are already an user?

If they're already logged into the forum then it just links the existing account to their Facebook account. If they're not logged in it will create a new account for them using their Facebook credentials.
10-09-2010, 09:52 AM
(10-09-2010 05:35 AM)Trinit Wrote:  P.S. To download it we have to pay the entire subscription or do you have a paying system only for one item?

If I'd sell this single item I'd probably charge more than 40$ for it, a subscription is 9€ only. Go for the subscription.

(10-09-2010 06:16 AM)AJS Wrote:  
(10-09-2010 05:35 AM)Trinit Wrote:  Just a question (off topic):

If they're already logged into the forum then it just links the existing account to their Facebook account. If they're not logged in it will create a new account for them using their Facebook credentials.

That's correct, if existing users (already have MyBB account) connect with facebook they'll not get a new account. They will keep the existing account with the existing password and all posts and threads of course.
If they did not enter a birthday, avatar or website the plugin will pull these informations from Facebook.
The users can sign in with facebook then or by using their old password.

10-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks, so it's like the vBulletin connection (You only have to insert the username)

[Image: 2lazl1z.jpg]
My Portfolio (Not updated)
10-09-2010, 02:18 PM
aff!! and i dont remember mi password!

Exclamation MyBB-Es.Com, spanish support for MyBB Wink
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
(10-09-2010 11:48 AM)Trinit Wrote:  Thanks, so it's like the vBulletin connection (You only have to insert the username)

I don't use vBulleting but yes, you do need the password only.

(10-09-2010 02:18 PM)Solstice Wrote:  aff!! and i dont remember mi password!

I'm sorry?