Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search Engine Friendly Urls! Come on MyBB!
When are the Search Engine Friendly urls coming? You know like when the thread title is in the url and the catagory title is in the url. A thread would appear:

domain.com/thread-16134-how-to-download-stuff-online.html

In that URL, the title of the thread would be "How to download stuff online".

vBulletin has had this for a while and I am curious why MyBB hasn't caught up with this important feature. All the plugins that are made are too buggy so wouldn't it be nice to make it a configuration setting in the next update?

Macdonjo3
No. the plugin works fine for almost everyone including on my free host Big Grin
Google SEO works fine. Besides that, no big URL changes until MyBB 2.0.
good u
(11-17-2010, 12:29 AM)xblazenx Wrote:  I think their coming soon? Like said above.

Sure hope so. Most who run a forum want it to show up in search results as best it can. This would be a great (optional for the admin) feature to add. In the meantime, it would be great to have an "idiots' guide to setting up SEO for MyBB". Smile
People need to understand that there is no REAL SEO method. Everything you THINK might help in ranking is SEO optimization Wink
Why do people think URLs need to end with file extensions? Nothing dictates that a URL end in .htm or .html in order to serve up HTML.

Anywho, we can't just use the thread's title as the URL because it's not unique. As a common example, how many threads do you get with a subject I'm new here or I need help?
(11-17-2010, 05:30 AM)laie_techie Wrote:  Anywho, we can't just use the thread's title as the URL because it's not unique. As a common example, how many threads do you get with a subject I'm new here or I need help?

Google SEO plugin deals with issues of non-unique thread titles. It just adds the thread id to the end of the url.

for the first instance of the thread title:
domain.com\thread-hi-there.html

and for the next thread titles the same

domain.com\thread-hi-there-234543.html

where 234543 would be the tid in a standard url
Personal site: CommunityPlugins.com

Please do not PM me for MyBB support here. Use the forums, they are here for a reason. Thanks.
For me,
this is not really important.

Since Google crawl the first post of your thread content (with that mod), I really dont need Friendly URL. I prefer use Apache resources to another mods Wink
Currently, all thread URL on my site was indexing by Google. And I dont need the MyBB Search (built-in) function. Just place a Google custom search.
New Beta Portal from MyBB Indonesia to get local support
My 'Simple' Unique Plugin here Smile
MyBB default URLs FTW!!! Big Grin
Google SEO works fine. Would be nice if it was default, but for now this plugin is amazing.