Current time: 07-30-2014, 02:59 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Any Version] Integrate your MyBB with Mediawiki!
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
RE: [Any Version] Integrate your MyBB with Mediawiki!
The other way around would require a completely rewrite, MyBB is a lot different from MediaWiki.
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2011, 10:33 PM
(05-01-2011 10:26 PM)faviouz Wrote:  The other way around would require a completely rewrite, MyBB is a lot different from MediaWiki.
So it does deprecate the MediaWiki user database?

And since you seem to have an understanding of the MyBB structure... could you comment on at least the feasibility of making it an OpenID client? I see this module, but I don't see an indication that it works with 1.6.

Many thanks!
05-02-2011, 07:30 AM
It does not deprecate any databases. What is happening is that when someone logs into MediaWiki using the same username/password as they have on their forum, it copies some data to the MW User Database and applies appropriate permissions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Is there any check on the Mybb DB anymore? Since if you lets say a regular member becomes staff and is now a administrator, would it update on the mediawiki or you would still need to go and edit the user manually?
05-05-2011, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2011 06:52 AM by Shukaku.)
I think you'd need to update the MediaWiki if you change it, can you test it for me??
06-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Hello,

first I want to thank you for implementing this nice extension.
I use MediaWiki 1.16.5, the integration works with users of the myBB forum.

However
1. I can not login anymore as a user that existed before I installed the extension.
(If I disable the extension then I can again login as that user.)

2. Nor can I create a new user in the mediaWiki.

Is there any workaround for these problems?
06-26-2011, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2011 04:10 AM by mark-in-dallas.)
I'm trying to install this, but I do not have the AuthPlugin.php" file, and I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere. Can someone either tell me whee to find it or upload a copy?

Thanks in advance. Smile
06-26-2011, 05:00 AM
^ that AuthPlugin.php file is a part of mediawiki installation files (../mediawiki/includes/)
06-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks for that.

I am having another issue now that is rather odd: When I try to login with the admin account I created during installation I get this error:

Code:
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "SqlBagOStuff::get". Database returned error "1146: Table 'truth_mybb.objectcache' doesn't exist (localhost)".

I am able to login with other myBB user accounts though. Anybody have a clue as to what the problem might be?
06-26-2011, 04:29 PM
^ hmm., is it a new installation of mediawiki (& latest / recent version ?) ..
Thread Closed