Current time: 04-17-2014, 09:35 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
How to set all users to the same timezone and stop them from changing it
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Tutorial] How to set all users to the same timezone and stop them from changing it
i followed this tutorial, but still new users are being registered with default timezone of GMT (although I have changed it to GMT +4 in my admin CP)

Even time which admin CP shows for various periodic tasks to run is in GMT only - any idea how to change that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
RE: How to set all users to the same timezone and stop them from changing it
You must have missed something. Repeat all the steps to make sure you didn't miss anything.

It's also worth deleting the ./inc/settings.php file. It will regenerate itself using the latest values from the database. And make sure it's CHMOD to 666.
07-17-2012, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 04:51 PM by brianmccoy.)
(07-17-2012 09:33 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote:  You must have missed something. Repeat all the steps to make sure you didn't miss anything.
well, it was quite a short tutorial and i cross checked to make sure everything was followed properly.

(07-17-2012 09:33 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote:  It's also worth deleting the ./inc/settings.php file. It will regenerate itself using the latest values from the database. And make sure it's CHMOD to 666.

This is a new thing. It was CHMOD to 644. Shud I delete the settings file now after following the tute??

Actually whenever I run the SQL command
Code:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `timezone` = '4'

it always updates a few rows.
Will check after a day or two, and see if this happens again or not.
07-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Still when I run this command in phpmyadmin
Code:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `timezone` = '4'

it shows "21 rows updated".

So either users r able to change the timezone (which I don't think they will do anyways) or there is some error happening somewhere.
07-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Is there anyway to hide the code (using the default values we want), rather than removing them from the templates??

B'coz I am getting this unique error that whenever some user updates his Options in User CP, this timezone setting is changed to GMT automatically.
01-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the tip. I am still having a few issues but I think this could be because of the CDN.

[Image: Jn29h.png]
DONATE TO PINGUY OS or show some love on Flattr.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user