MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spambots attacking my MyBB forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My MyBB forums are being continually attacked by spambots, this is what they do:

- They post something about a pharmacy or a medicine on one of my forums!
- They set their birthday to the current day so they appear at the bottom of the homepage, on the "Today's Birthday" section!
- They put links to their pharmacy/medicine website in their signature and homapge!

So that people who will try to send them birthday PMs will see all this advertisement!

These spam attacks are being more and more dangerous, nothing can stop them, what should I do except closing the registration?

Akismet doesn't detect these kind of things, it doesn't detect what's on profiles (signatures/homepages)!
integrate your site with cloudflare after you fully switched all the DNS go to the cloudflare settings and set a challenge page to the bots will have to answer a challenge page before they enter. if you need help doing this just PM me ur TeamView.
(2011-07-27, 10:38 PM)Dark Byte Wrote: [ -> ]integrate your site with cloudflare after you fully switched all the DNS go to the cloudflare settings and set a challenge page to the bots will have to answer a challenge page before they enter. if you need help doing this just PM me TeamView.

That's technically so hard! Playing with DNS is dangerous too! I just need advices from other people who are experiencing the same problem

Thank you anyway Blush
(2011-07-27, 10:41 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-27, 10:38 PM)Dark Byte Wrote: [ -> ]integrate your site with cloudflare after you fully switched all the DNS go to the cloudflare settings and set a challenge page to the bots will have to answer a challenge page before they enter. if you need help doing this just PM me TeamView.

That's technically so hard! Playing with DNS is dangerous too! I just need advices from other people who are experiencing the same problem

Thank you anyway Blush

i can do it for you takes like 5 easy minutes, plus people look for exploits and they wont stop.
Installing the 3 plugins listed here has helped stop spam on my forum:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99721-p...#pid727640
(2011-07-27, 10:41 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Playing with DNS is dangerous too!

Hardly. It's just changing where the website points to. It's not a threat in any way. Toungue