MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Least They Could Have Done...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the Wiki page it says you should restrict access through .htaccess...
Quote:First, you may want to shut down your forum. Doing this means that no one will interrupt the upgrade process accidentally. Please remember that switching the forum by using the "Board Online/Offline" setting IS NOT recommended. The best method is to use a .htaccess restriction on your forum's root folder so that no one can access the front end. There are various tutorials on search engines that help you do this and some hosts (especially ones that give you cPanel) provide simple tools to do this.

So how do I restrict access using .htaccess? The least they could have done is tell us what to put in it.
No one wants to answer? FINE.
I'm so fed up with MyBB anyway. It really pisses me off.
You only waited 6 minutes for a response before editing...

I just add this to my .htaccess file:

<Files *>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from MY IP HERE
</Files>

Not sure if it is the best way, but it works for me. Smile.
(2011-07-27, 10:41 PM)rekcah Wrote: [ -> ]No one wants to answer? FINE.

You can't wait more than 6 minutes for a response??

The MyBB team are volunteers. Not one single team members gets paid for supporting ignorant people like you, they do have lives.

The LEAST you could have done is searched Google for the answer.

http://www.google.com/search?q=htaccess+restrict+access

If you don't like the support we provide, then leave the forums.

please b&hammer op
he deserves it

Where did you read that we're machines who sit at our computer our entire lives refreshing the support forum to answer threads within seconds?? At least try and have some patience. Nobody's forcing you to use MyBB, and if you can't wait more than 6 minutes for volunteers to give up their free time to help you, that's nobody's problem but your own.

On the whole it's probably fine to just close the board, it's unlikely an upgrade is going to last more than a few minutes anyway.
(2011-07-28, 11:10 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

Where did you read that we're machines who sit at our computer our entire lives refreshing the support forum to answer threads within seconds?? At least try and have some patience. Nobody's forcing you to use MyBB, and if you can't wait more than 6 minutes for volunteers to give up their free time to help you, that's nobody's problem but your own.

On the whole it's probably fine to just close the board, it's unlikely an upgrade is going to last more than a few minutes anyway.

Forgive me for I have sinned... sheesh.
Heck, I no life away on the computer for 12 hours a day non-stop. It's not that hard.