MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. My group just recently started using MyBB upon a few requests. It definitely displayed a little different compared to other forums I've used, mainly ones that were not open source or relied on a community such as this to provide feedback and plugins. With that said and done, I've recently enabled the use of HTML on our forum for member posting, should they want to display a detailed HTML table. Back on Invision Power Board the HTML used in our posts would display just as it would fresh out of Dreamweaver. Now, however, it's displaying funky. In dreamweaver everything will appear to be in line, as well as on a normal html page or php page, but when I copy and paste it into a forum post something will be out of a table or div boundary.

I was wondering if there was a specific reason as to why it did this after configured to work with HTML. Thanks.
precaution : html posting should be allowed for trusted members only
a plugin may be used for this purpose . I'd suggest to use html-in-posts AND htmlpurifier (BOTH)

AND see this suggestion regarding how to make Table in Post

see also this html code tutorial if required