MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant access the forum!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I already have a Mybb forum installed and running, it's quite old and there were problems with the forum too, so i decided that i needed to have a fresh install. The forum in question is running Mybb 1.6.3. Now I downloaded the new one, that's 1.6.4. After the installation I ran the Merge process. It completed successfully and there were no errors, I rebuild the cache, and ran the rebuild and recount process too. The forums appear correctly, but there is only one problem, I can't access them!! Whenever I click on one, it seems to take me back to the index page! But the url seems fine.......
Can you please tell me what to do?
And there is another thing, can I just move the entire uploads folder from the old forum to the new one? Will it move all the attachments? Or will there be problems?
FIXED!!!!!!!!!
the uploads directory can be copied to the new installation
AND if posts have attachments links then they should work

forum URL please ...
newinstall.vuaskari.com
you would be able to see the forum but won't be able to access it....
even if you make an account.
try this link on your forum
AND it appears to be some problem with the SEO . disable that at present AND check again
it's a new install, so i haven't installed google seo, although it was installed on the previous forum, so should i install it to fix it?
the forum has SEF links - to confirm : is it a new install with old database
if so you need the installation of the Google SEO plugin AND its htaccess
OK, WILL CHECK IT....... lets see if it works

Yup, works now, installing the google seo does help, I guess the links for the forum were saved in the database with seo urls right?
Thanks anyway
OK now there is another problem, all the attachment links have to be updated post by post, i mean their id's changed, furthermore when i tried to insert one of them in the post, the download link did not appear..
Hey can my database be repaired using the mybb admincp?
the old one?