MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help! Can't run upgrade script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I uploaded all the files for 1.6.4 and went to run my upgrade script and I get Internal Server Error! What could be wrong??

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
It's a very generic error, it could be anything. Check your error/server logs.
I can't access the forum or ACP...

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (43)
Error Message:
The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.
If you want to access your forum you need to delete the /install/ directory or create a file named "lock" inside it. But, at the same time, you need it to update MyBB.
OK, I've gained access...now what should I look for to finish the upgrade?
OK, I think I got it...I had to uninstall the install folder (haha, kind of ironic) and reinstall it. After that, the upgrade script ran. Testing now to see if it is all upgraded!
Crap! I do have a big problem! All of my posts are missing! When I click on a thread, I get a 404 error!
Finish? You haven't even started. Or did you sort out the internal server error?

Download the latest MyBB version and re-upload all the files. You probably missed a file or two in the install folder.
(2011-07-28, 10:47 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Finish? You haven't even started. Or did you sort out the internal server error?

Download the latest MyBB version and re-upload all the files. You probably missed a file or two in the install folder.

I got the upgrade script to run and my forum shows 1.6.4 but now I have no posts in the threads! Take a look...

http://www.7173mustangs.com/search.php?a...a455db67e5
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and make sure that Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Server and Optimization Options > Enable search engine friendly URLs? is set to Enabled.
Everything looks good...htaccess is not a txt file and my serch friendly url setting is set to enabled. I also can't make a new post on the forums.

PM Sent.
Did you backup your database and files before upgrading?
Pages: 1 2