MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Searching for a good host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was happy and satisfied with my recent host and their features until today.

Just an hour or so back, my forum was suspended for the following reason:

Quote:You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 2 of 3.

I can un-suspend my forum, like I did once before, like 45 minutes back, but I am sure that it will again be suspended within 15 minutes.
Sad thing is, I'm not even sure if I'll get the time to download my database after un-suspending or not.

I'm currently searching for a free good host that gives cPanel access and other decent services.
My forum currently has over 6k Posts and 2k Members and is losing them every second it's offline.
I will shift to a paid hosting once my partner is back, which would only happen in about 2 months or so.

I'm hoping that this thread will provide me with some useful answers,

Arcane
There's not much chance you'll get a decent free host to host your site if a paid one's suspending you. That is, unless somebody temporarily lets you use some of their hosting.
6k posts and 2k members isn't very large (unless all 2k members are using the forums are the same time, which I doubt).

Obviously your forum has outgrown free hosting, and its pretty safe to say that you will get kicked out of most other free hosts too after a while and some growth.

It may be time for you to start considering shared hosting now. Is there a reason you have to wait for your partner?
What kind of plugins were you running? Because as Zash said the size of your forum really shouldn't be an issue.
(2011-07-28, 01:38 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of plugins were you running? Because as Zash said the size of your forum really shouldn't be an issue.

Only the necessary ones.

My partner is the business head of the forum, that is why I have to wait until he gets back.

I only need to stick with free-hosting for a month or so, just temporarily.
Try post 2 host?

www.host4post.com ?
Hi, http://thunderservices.tk is host of mine and we offer the cheapest price, and we sell vps, ages i gave up searching for hosting so i created my own Smile
The suspension reason you've got is pretty normal when you choose unlimited hosts.
Searching for a free provider usually leaves you with less reliability, performance, and support.
(2011-07-29, 07:20 AM)zombieguy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, http://thunderservices.tk is host of mine and we offer the cheapest price, and we sell vps, ages i gave up searching for hosting so i created my own Smile

Would touch that. YOU NEED A DOMAIN, nothing FREE otherwise you will get 0 clients. I can tell you that right now.
Post to host is a bit iffy when it comes to an error like this. If you're using too much you would need a paid host like Hawkhost.
Pages: 1 2