MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View Newist or set number of new posts on a none mybb page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there I seen this asked a few times and the wrong reply was given each time, they was always pointed to a plugin that showed post details in the forum only, this is no use to me lol.

I would like to show the newist post on my home page like it dose in the thread view of the forum

http://thinkcritical.co.uk/

I see there is no main ID for when its posted so I not sure how I would just pull the details from the database, I am new to mybb in the fact of trying to change it, I need to just pull the new topic started and show it on the home page, maybe 3 max, but I also need it to be new topics not replied to topics.

Any help on this would be great, I think this will help people visting the site to get to the new reviews.

If you know how or the best way to pull this info from the DB so I can make the action myself it would very helpful and I be very thankful thanks guys.
well, you can use a plugin to get unanswered topics within the forum (eg. view unanswered posts)

AND use that directly / indirectly to show on an external page
[ archived topic, last 5 topics might have a clue ]

I remember an expert posting the working code which can suit your purpose - let me trace that ...

Unanswered topics, this looks like it will do part of what I need for sure, I could I frame it but that would not look that nice and the other post I have to sit down and give it a good read lol starts back in 05 lol.

But its a start thank's for your reply ranjani
I am still trying to trace the expert's code - mean while this code might help..
(2011-07-28, 02:05 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]I am still trying to trace the expert's code - mean while this code might help..

I have already done this before seeing this post lol, but anyone else looking for this kind of thing then that is the best reply thanks for your help man, and I hope others will find that useful also, top dog keep it up.

With some work I should be able to do what I am wanting with what you have offered so far Smile if you do find that post it mostly will also help Smile
Bad news after using this I found out its really not optermised and was putting stress on my site that was just not needed, so I had to remove it for now.