MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Poll Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm running 1.6.4, and I've got issues with the poll. My members can't vote, the poll disappears after trying to vote, and it's really just stupid.

Anyway, I do have AJAX Poll Voting installed, which I don't know but it seems like it may have caused the problem, but deactivating it just gave me a white page when voting, which is really confusing.

Any help?
Link?
(2011-07-28, 06:16 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]Link?

In my sig. Rolleyes
If it's disappearing you must have non-default code running, have you run the file verification tool??
(2011-07-28, 06:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it's disappearing you must have non-default code running, have you run the file verification tool??

No I haven't. Anyway, it stops disappearing after disabling the AJAX Poll Voting plugin, but I get a blank page when voting after that.

I'll run the tool.
Well the only file that I know I didn't modify is inc/class_parser.php, the other two were inc/functions.php which I edited to get Google SEO working, and jscripts/editor.js, which I edited to fix the text box problem.
Ok I just checked it on a board without the AJAX Poll Voting plugin and running 1.6.4, it's got the same issue...I think something went wrong when you guys fixed that poll vulnerability Sad
That was simply adding a post key to the request, which isn't going to break anything. Polls work just fine here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-100119.html

Run the find updated templates tool, are any templates listed here??
Yeah showthread_poll was changed apparently.
Old code:
<form action="polls.php" method="get">method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="vote" />
<input type="hidden" name="pid" value="{$poll['pid']}" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td colspan="4" class="thead" align="center"><strong>{$lang->poll} {$poll['question']}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$polloptions}
</table>
<table width="100%" align="center">
<tr>
<td><input type="submit" class="button" value="{$lang->vote}" /></td>
<td valign="top" align="right"><span class="smalltext">[<a href="polls.php?action=showresults&amp;pid={$poll['pid']}">{$lang->show_results}</a>{$edit_poll}]</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$publicnote}</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

New code:
<form action="polls.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="vote" />
<input type="hidden" name="pid" value="{$poll['pid']}" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td colspan="4" class="thead" align="center"><strong>{$lang->poll} {$poll['question']}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$polloptions}
</table>
<table width="100%" align="center">
<tr>
<td><input type="submit" class="button" value="{$lang->vote}" /></td>
<td valign="top" align="right"><span class="smalltext">[<a href="polls.php?action=showresults&amp;pid={$poll['pid']}">{$lang->show_results}</a>{$edit_poll}]</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$publicnote}</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

Also it seems that AJAX Poll Voting needs to be updated to support the change.

Polls are working now Smile
<form action="polls.php" method="get">method="post">

That was the reason. The code change also forced the request to be a post and not a get (forgot it also made that change) but without the change it would be submitting the vote with the wrong request type, thus it wouldn't register it.