MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Leftover <--sizec--> tags.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there any quick way to make these go away? After a merge from IPB and SMF we have some of these spread around (from the IPB part of the forum). I tried doing it with mycodes, changing <--sizec--><!--sizec--> to <span> tags but I couldn't make it happen (what dialect regex is this?)... To be clear I don't really care what way to remove these, but I would like them out of the way. Smile

Thanks in advance!

PS: The merge system is amazing.
please use SQL queries by following a recent similar topic here : Code color="" size=""
Something like:

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE (`message`, '<!--sizec-->', '') WHERE `message` LIKE '%<!--sizec-->%';

and

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE (`message`, '<--sizec-->', '') WHERE `message` LIKE '%<!--sizec-->%';

?
Are these two tags <--sizec--><!--sizec--> followed after each other or separate from each other? If they're sticked together, this should work:

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE (`message`, '<--sizec--><!--sizec-->', '') WHERE `message` LIKE '%<--sizec--><!--sizec-->%';
This is what it usually (always, maybe) looks like:

<!--sizec-->[/size]<!--/sizec-->

Seems like it has something to do with the end of a size tag, I guess?

(I mean, removing one and one isn't really a problem for me)
Don't you mean:

<!--sizec-->[/size]<!--sizec-->

(note the extra forward slash in your previous post)
I copied directly, so no. My guess is that some admin some time thought these tags were a good idea for I have no idea why. It was my first post that was wrong Smile
Alright, in that case, run these two queries separately:

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE (`message`, '<!--sizec-->', '') WHERE `message` LIKE '%<!--sizec-->%';

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE (`message`, '<!--/sizec-->', '') WHERE `message` LIKE '%<!--/sizec-->%';
Appears to have worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.
Strange, this problem should have been fixed: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/977 Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3