MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forgot the ACP files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I forgot to upload the admin directory files when I upgraded to 1.6.4, so I'm wondering, can I upload them and not have to run the upgrade script again? Thanks.
may be you can rename current admin directory AND make a new admin directory ; upload the files ; & check ...
revert back if not successful !!
Just upload those folder back, I guess it shouldn't have any problem. Smile
(2011-07-28, 06:43 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]may be you can rename current admin directory ABD make a new admin directory ; upload the files ; & check ...
revert back if not successful !!

No need, I can copy the admin dir if need be, I just don't want to experiment at the moment, I'd rather have the answer from this forum Toungue

(2011-07-28, 06:45 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Just upload those folder back, I guess it shouldn't have any problem. Smile
I want to know for sure Wink
Overwrite the current admin cp with the new files. Smile
Alright tried it nothing has exploded yet lol Smile
The upgrade script doesn't change any files (except maybe settings.php), it is mainly for the database and template changes, so if you forgot to upload files before the upgrade you can safely upload them after the upgrade. The only exception to this is if the files that you didn't upload were the ones in the install or inc folder, since thats where the core of the functions/routines reside that would be used during the upgrade, then you might run in to some problems if you used the old files to upgrade.