MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help on setting an email notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to be notified when there is a potential user waiting for activation. I do not see a place to do this. I thought it would automatically send me, the administrator an email notifying me but it does not do this. Is there a way to set this up or not?

I am having a lot of problems with spammers and have read up about the add-ins, hopefully this will slow down some of this stuff being added to my board.

Thanks for input.

pingram46
You'd need a plugin. There's a really old one by Michael S. but it needs to be updated:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/email-notifica...gistration
Hey thanks for the prompt reply. Now I have another issue. I noticed one of my customers has the same settings i have on mybb copy and yet his will not allow users to register, which is what i want to do till i get this spammer thing under control. I set the setting in User Registrations that says disable registrations, but I am still getting the spammers attempt to register. Is there some other place I am not seeing where I can keep people from registering. I initially thought this was where you turn off the ability to completely register in one click, but as I cannot see any other place where my customer has his set differently I am not sure it is just not working on mine. They can still register on mine, but have to be approved, I want to disable completely till i get the spammers stuff in place.

thanks
pingram46
Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > User Registration and Profile Options > Disable Registration > Yes.

Make sure you CHMOD ./inc/settings.php to 666 too.
Thank you so much, it really helps when you know what you are doingSmile i changed my permissions on that file and went in and redid it and works like a champ. Should that be left that way all the time?? Should be safe enough on just that one file.

Again thanks so much. Now if I can just figure out the plugins for the spammers, will go at this again. I want people to be able to register, legitamately and then approve them, when I get an email that says they want to join the bb. But not there yet.

Thanks
pingram46
Yes, it should be left that way all the time. It's completely safe, and settings won't be saved otherwise. As for sending you an email when an user registers, you will need a plugin. There's a really old one by Michael S. which I linked you to above, but that's about it. You'd either have to update it yourself or create a request in the plugin Requests forum.