MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary

When updating the forums to 1.6.4 (Please note: I'm full updating 1.6.4, so I have not done the 2nd "mess up" update yet) I get this problem.... (READ BELOW)

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page www.nightmareevony.comli.com

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)? Upgrade 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 (1st upgrade blog post, not the 2nd "mess up" upgrade)

Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue)

Screenshot or error text, verbatim

[Image: 2rw13jc.png]

Quote:Repairing Database Sequences

Performing necessary upgrade queries...

PHP Error Message

Fatal error: [SQL] [1060] Duplicate column name 'custom_profile_fields'
ALTER TABLE mybb_adminviews ADD custom_profile_fields text NOT NULL AFTER conditions in /home/a9272014/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 557

Free Web Hosting
In ./install/resources/upgrade20.php, find:

$db->add_column("adminviews", "custom_profile_fields", "text NOT NULL AFTER conditions");

Change to:

if($db->field_exists('custom_profile_fields', 'adminviews'))
{
	$db->drop_column('adminviews', 'custom_profile_fields');
}
if(!$db->field_exists('custom_profile_fields', 'adminviews'))
{
	$db->add_column("adminviews", "custom_profile_fields", "text NOT NULL AFTER conditions");
}

Then try and upgrade again.
Thanks. I did not require this for some reason though. I went to my forum, looked in the admin CP and it was upgraded to 1.6.4. I'm not completely sure what happen but I do appreciate your reply. Would I need to install that little "mess up update" also?
The ACP will show that you're on 1.6.4 once you upload the new files, but that doesn't mean the database is necessarily updated.

If you downloaded the upgrade after that patch was released then you shouldn't need it, no.
Okay thanks.