MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL error with MyBB 1.6.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded today from MyBB 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. I uploaded all of the files from the 1.6.4 upload folder. When I try to log into the forum, I get the following error message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,coppauser,usergroup FROM mybb_users WHERE username='John Smith' LIMIT 1
You've either got files from 1.4 or you're trying to use a 1.4 plugin, probably the latter. This column was removed in 1.6 so if your code is still trying to use it, you're running 1.4 code somewhere. What plugins have you got?? Also, for future reference, there's a whole load of threads on this issue, you'd have found an answer much quicker if you'd searched Smile
Quote:Make sure you've uploaded all the new files properly, so they have overwritten the old files. This column was removed in the upgrade so if you're getting this error, your files are still looking for it. Also make sure you've not got any plugins running that are not 1.6 compatible.

Alternatively, if you have merged to MyBB from another forum software, redownload the MyBB Merge System, extract the loginconvert.php file, and upload it over the current version in your ./inc/plugins/ folder.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html
I never installed 1.4, my first version of MyBB was 1.6.1.

Version 1.6.3 ran worked with no problem The problem appeared when I upgraded from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4.

Maybe I am not using the search feature of this forum correctly, but I did search for the problem. I did get a lot of hits, but none seemed to be relevant.
I just found that the "languages" folder included in the 1.6.4 zip file that I downloaded includes the english language files for MyBB 1.4, not 1.6.

The previous downloads of 1.6.1, 1.6.2 and 1.6.3 had the version 1.6 language files which explains why I did not have a problem earlier.
I re-downloaded the mybb_1604.zip file. This time when I extracted the files, the correct files were there. I upgraded my site and now everything appears to be working properly.

I am still curious where those version 1.4 files came from. As I said before, I have never had version 1.4.
Well, there's not been any 1.4 files in our download packages, and nobody else has had this problem for a while now, plus the language files wouldn't have any effect on this anyway.
I guess we will have to chalk this up as one of the mysteries of the universe. The zip archive was riddled with 1.4 files (more than just the languages folder), but when I downloaded it the second time they weren't there.

Oh wll, life goes on.