MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help needed with mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-07-29, 08:32 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that settings are correct. By the looks of it all you need to do is move the contents of /upload/ to /forum/

I will move the items now and then I am all set should i go login after those things are moved?

well moved everything as you said and try to access the admin index where i normally would log in but since it was moved i got this message:

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.
^ hmm., a quick fix might be possible if you provide temporary access to the files (thru PM)
I tested a few files at your domain and I am pretty sure you didn't upload everything.
Your directory structure on your webserver should look like in this picture:

[attachment=23561]
(2011-07-29, 01:02 PM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]I tested a few files at your domain and I am pretty sure you didn't upload everything.
Your directory structure on your webserver should look like in this picture:

It does look like that and has all the other items that are not in the folders
I have attached a screen shot somebody please tell me how i get this thing to work. I am appreciating everyone's ideas but still stuck i guess

Let me know
Jayliquid
Big Grin

Your directory is named
Quote:f o u r m
instead of
Quote:f o r u m
Rename the directory and your problems should be gone. The files are all there as you said. Wink

(2011-07-30, 11:57 AM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin

Your directory is named
Quote:f o u r m
instead of
Quote:f o r u m
Rename the directory and your problems should be gone. The files are all there as you said. Wink

Hello I have renamed the fourm to forum, and I am able to access the admin login through
http://barkparks.org/forum/admin/index.php

But it keeps asking me to log in at every screen i try and click too and when i try to create a new forum it asks me for the login again I log in and it does not save what I input. How do I fix this?????

Wrong configuration of the cookie path.
In general config set "cookie domain" to
Quote:.barkparks.org
and the "cookie path" to
Quote:/forum/
(2011-07-30, 04:35 PM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong configuration of the cookie path.
In general config set "cookie domain" to
Quote:.barkparks.org
and the "cookie path" to
Quote:/forum/

Should it not be www.barkparks.org/forum?

When i go there it is live however its not the admin access so I cant change things

^ your forum's admin panel login is working !!
Indeed it is Thank you All of you for your help on this, i really appreciate it, this thing has been a pain for me since june, and now i am excited to explore it and build it, 2 small questions is there a spot on the admin control panel were i can remove the mybb logo from the top left? And how do i make this not accessible to outsiders while i am designing it?
Pages: 1 2 3