MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my SQL error now appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this something I caused or is it on the web host side? The forum was working yesterday. I'm with ByteHost (I know, please don't lecture me, I'll switch to a paid host once the forum takes off) Anyway, here is the screenshot:

[Image: w6oy8o.png]
Quote:This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database host name is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['hostname']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Comm...r_Messages

If you're absolutely sure it's correct, then contact your web host. They should know what to do.
1. Open the ./inc/config.php file.

2. Find the value next to $config['database']['hostname'].

3. Contact your web host and ask them what the database host name should be.

4. Replace the entry for $config['database']['hostname'] with the one your host told you.

Sorry faviouz i didn't saw you replyed Smile
Thanks for the reply, well it has to be on the host side since I never messed with my config.php file. I DID work with a plugin yesterday, but it was working after the plugin, so has to be the host i would imagine.
UPDATE: just this minute I checked my site again and now its working, maybe the host was upgrading their files?

Anyway, thanks again folks and thanks everyone at myBB for a great forum script!

You can show this thread [SOLVED] if you like.