MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Call to undefined method datacache::update_threadprefixes()
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys, I'm a new convert to myBB trying to find my feet. Please be gentle!!

I just tried to upgrade from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 and get the following error at the end of the process:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method datacache::update_threadprefixes() in /home/tinttcom/public_html/disabledpeople.org/install/upgrade.php on line 598

When I go back to my forum there is a failure with the Admin CP link:

http://disabledpeople.org//index.php [missing "Admin"]

and the forum is not updated.

I searched and found a lot of references to bad /inc/functions.php file so overwrote with new files /inc/fiunctions_*.php but there is no change.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Many thanks.
The file in this case is class_datacache.php, which isn't updated on your host. So something went wrong with your upload. Better upload all files (feel free to skip the images) again to make sure they're all up to date.
Magic, all fixed. Thanks.
I have the same problem.
Updating 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 goes well, but when upgrading 1.6.3 to 1.6.4, I get the error.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method datacache::update_threadprefixes() in .../install/upgrade.php on line 598
what happened??
I have this problem too, same as ATeam

Can anyone please help us
I have this problem too, please help me fix.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method datacache::update_threadprefixes() in /home/xxxx/domains/06ct3.com/public_html/front/install/upgrade.php on line 598
read the first reply
You mean we have to upload all files of mybb 1.6.4? and what about with our previous settings on forum , themes and database?
I am doing something wrong here.

When you say upload all the files again, do you mean upload all these files?...

http://mybb.com/download/latest

I have been installing mods by updating files one by one (takes a while but works) previous updates I have done the same way but only a few files needed updating. With this update, all the mybb files need updating, it will take me forever the way I do it. There is obviously a quick way to upload all files and install them at once, please can some give me or link to a simple guide on how to do this.

Many thanks in advance,

Oliver
(2011-07-30, 12:37 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]read the first reply

Hi Guys,

I did exactly what was suggested in the first reply and it worked perfectly.

If needed, here's a step by step.

1. Download latest version of myBB as you did when you first installed.
2. Unzip
3. Open your FTP software to the root of your domain and then go to the inc folder and find class_datacache.php
4. Navigate to the same folder in your unzipped download and upload class_datacache.php to your server overwriting the existing file.

This fixed the upgrade error for me.

If you have the // in your Admin CP url then I uploaded all of the downloaded version of myBB 1.6.4 overwriting all files on my server. As suggested in by the original reply this might be a good idea anyway in case there are other corrupt files.

The only thing to be aware of is whether you edited any files while adding mods. The edits will be overwritten by the fresh upload.

Hope this makes things a little clearer. Wink
Pages: 1 2