MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does mybb allow database securty? because today I was trying to connect with mybb databases tables with my other database but it is restricting me to do.
No, mybb has no control over permissions Smile that'll be to do with how your database users are setup. In order to link tables between databases, the user must have permissions to use both databases.
ok if so, then tell me, why the permision to connect with a certain databse is denied?
I have two sites on my server. with different databases. I want that content of one database will be copied to another. but when I try to do this It gives me error that, host 10.1.1 (dnt rember exactly) unable to connect database where my forum is hosted
What is the exact error code? That'll help diagnose the problem Smile
You should contact your hosting provider as we (the whole community) does not have access to the machine your website is hosted on.
can you directly access the other database from the other site? are the sites running with their own IP address? If so, you likely need to configure remote SQL access on the machine
This is the error
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host '**.*.*.**' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

No I m not able to do that Sad. I have hosted both the sites on the same host. But can't able to access site_2 database from site_1 and vice verse.

This is the error:-
 Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host '**.*.*.**' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server 
then you need to enable/setup remote access for each machine.
If you are using cPanel or Direct Admin you should be able to add remote acces using their interfaces.

Yu need to add a "remote access host" value on the machine that the content is stored on, of the ip address of the machine that needs to access the data Smile
its too tricky :p I can't get anything.
Can u show some codes?
Pages: 1 2